Bold Lump Records at the 12 Record Fair, Sun 10th May (1 Viewer)

Bold Lump

Website
www.boldlump.com
Bold Lump Records is going to be peddling the usual stock of malinged and maladjusted vinyl at the upcoming 12 Record Fair at the Bernard Shaw this Sunday 10th May.
Everything is kicking off at 2pm more info on the other sellers can be found at http://bodytonicmusic.com/events/stereotonic/2009/mar/12/1212-record-fair-no-2/
Myself, I'll have the usual mix of Drone, Pysch, Noise, Doom, Heavy Rock, Ambient, Experimental, Free Jazz and all manner of other Avant-nonsense.
www.boldlump.com

Hope some of you can make it out

You've got some amount of ravenous Cork volk rubbing their thighs and breathing heavily... We're waiting for you! Have fun at the fayre.

385-236%7EWoman-in-Traditional-Costume-Demonstrating-Authentic-Spinning-Witham-Medieval-Fayre-Essex-England-Posters.jpg

There'll be plenty of heavy breathing from myself if i don't figure out an easier way to get these boxes around.
They just get heavier and heavier.

Hopefully they'll be a good bit lighter for the trip home

Will have copies of the new United Bible Studies release, The Jonah tomorrow at the stall.

"A cornucopia of sonic delights, traversing the spectrum from delicate folk to sprawling progressive rock. Richard Youngs' progressive rock project Ilk provided the impetus for the band to make a "Prog Album" so they started with the everything-but-the-kitchen- sink opus "The Jonah". Running the gamut from delicate acoustic guitar to Sunn 0))) style doom metal & back again, it's an extraordinary feat of the imagination. Around this central track, a range of shorter tracks orbit, typically acoustic or folk-rock in nature with occasional experimental flourishes, they are characterized by glorious melodies & arrangements and a peerless array of guests. Current 93's Richard Moult provides synth & very David Tibet like vocals to opener "The Swallowing", and help out with the space folk piece "A for Andromeda". Ex Mellow Candle singer Allison O'Donnell provides vocals for several tracks, as does Sharron Kraus."

As well as that I've just gotten copies of the Nadja and Storm of Light release Primitive North. A heavy price of €25 but for that there's 3LPs of heavy coloured vinyl of delicate melodies, oppressive dirge atmospherics, blissful dense fuzz and surprisingly tuneful white noise. Housed in a gatefold sleeve.

STORM_Nadja_350px.jpg

Big big thanks to everyone who made it out.

It wasn't the weather for flicking through records in a dingy pub, but the few folks who came by made it very much worthwhile.

I'm going to be back at the Bernard Shaw next Saturday, 16th May. I'll also be taking delivery of some new titles during the week so I'll have some fresh stock.

Oh btw that Nadja/Storm of Light release is 3 sides not LPs. Sorry for any confusion caused, haven't figured out how to edit posts.

Big big thanks to everyone who made it out.

It wasn't the weather for flicking through records in a dingy pub, but the few folks who came by made it very much worthwhile.

I'm going to be back at the Bernard Shaw next Saturday, 16th May. I'll also be taking delivery of some new titles during the week so I'll have some fresh stock.

Oh btw that Nadja/Storm of Light release is 3 sides not LPs. Sorry for any confusion caused, haven't figured out how to edit posts.

That Magic Lantern album is absolutely brilliant.

My girlfriend asked me to turn off the Skull Defekts record after about a minute. (She like ML though)

Yeah, that Skull Defekts is pretty unrelenting. Not the kind of record to try and convert people with.

That Magic Lantern one is a perfect record for a day like yesterday, much like anything Sun Araw related. I'm always a little sad when I sell out of them and haven't kept a copy for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back