presents
BOB LOG III
with special guests
Crow Black Chicken

@
The Grand Social, Dublin
SATURDAY 23rd March, 8pm
TICKETS €14 FROM TICKETS.IE

Bob Log III is an American slide guitar one man band. Born in Chicago but based in Arizona, Bob plays old Silvertone archtop guitars, wears a full body human cannonball suit, and a motorcycle helmet wired to a telephone receiver, which allows him to devote his hands and feet to guitar and drums. Bob Log got his first guitar at the age of 11, and by the age of 16 he had moved to slide guitar, playing Delta blues, modeling his slide guitar style on that of Mississippi Fred McDowell .
Growing up, Log listened to musical artists such as AC/DC, Screaming Jay Hawkins, Bo Diddley, Hasil Adkins and Chuck Berry, later commenting that “That’s what rock’n'roll is to me. You take a guitar, turn it up, make the ladies dance, and have a good time.”​
His legendary live shows are fun, wild events showcasing his amazing slide guitar skills and unique stage presence. During performances Bob Log will often call audience members (both male and female) on stage to sit on his knee while he plays. Log credits years of drumming with his feet for his ability to simultaneously drum and support the weight of multiple people: “My legs are huge now. Sometimes I can get a girl on each knee and bounce ‘em along.”​
Special guests on the night will be Crow Black Chicken, a hard rocking blues band who have been describes as “an Irish ZZ Top”.​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back