BLONDIE vs. BOWIE HOOT NIGHT ~ June 6th!!! (2 Viewers)

will people please stop saying "yes it's off the air" without saying how they know please? it's not helping. watch this...

it's not off the air.

see? it's equally as useful...

Originally posted by Knacker
Don't really care... but check this out!

http://www.moonpirates.com/

"It won't be long before the MOON PIRATES are heard in a lot more places than local clubs. This band has the stuff, and is quite simply the best original rock band to come out of the Frankfurt scene in years."
- Doc Bozo, Rhein-Main Music Review

Christoph Maurer is my favourite - er ist ein TRAUMBOOT!

Originally posted by Knacker
...can't actually say what their plans are on a public forum like this.

I love that THIS particular forum is being used for the discussion as it keeps the thread on the first page...and I don't have to feel like a total loser by posting responses to myself to make that happen.

Yay!

Thomas

Originally posted by stunning
I love that THIS particular forum is being used for the discussion as it keeps the thread on the first page...and I don't have to feel like a total loser by posting responses to myself to make that happen.

Yay!

Thomas

Profiting from a whole bunch of radio stations misfortune, that's grim thomas.
;)

I know it's off the air because in my car it's the number 2 button. and now it sounds just likr the number 1 button which is tuned to 107.9

<ouch>

I was talking to a friend of mine at the weekend who works for the BCI, and was telling me about a whole load of raids that were carried out on various pirate stations including, obviously, phantom. It seems that she and her colleagues are, for the most part, of the opinion that the whole raiding thing sucks, and pirate radio is really where the democratic voice of the people or somesuch is at. So one of her colleagues got on the blower to whomever it was perpetrated the raids and yelled at him for a while, finally accusing him of disgusting double standards seeing as Jazz FM and another station I can't remember were left untouched. He explained that 'by the time they got round to Jazz FM, the van was full, and it was 5 o'clock anyway, so we wanted to go home...' I just found this amusing.

xx MG

Originally posted by Milk Girl
So one of her colleagues got on the blower to whomever it was perpetrated the raids and yelled at him for a while, finally accusing him of disgusting double standards seeing as Jazz FM and another station I can't remember were left untouched. He explained that 'by the time they got round to Jazz FM, the van was full, and it was 5 o'clock anyway, so we wanted to go home...' I just found this amusing.

xx MG

Jazz FM was raided(their mountain broadcasting thingy got done), and there were a number of stations that weren't raided but were instead ordered to cease broadcasting.

Originally posted by stunning
Hey! That was a really cool article in the Ticket (Irish Times) :D but did he have to call me camp THREE times???

:rolleyes:

!baggyyyy

yes he did

Originally posted by lorcanzo
so hold on, right, am i to believe that eh, there will be a look-a-like of bowie wrestling a blondie look-a-like in the background for the entirity of this show?

no?

Shhhhh! That was supposed to be a surprise. ;)

Actually, David and Debbie will both be making an appearance at the event.

Really.

!baggyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back