Blast vs DIY (3 Viewers)

it used to just be treasure island gigs when i went and they were good in a way cuz they were the only thing you could play if your band was shit and you were 13. there or aidan walsh.
so in a way they got a lotta kids playing music. however i would hope most of them grew those gigs and moved onto other ones and got into things like the underground/diy/knitting etc etc.

they're a strange bunch nowadays though....dont get that whole goth rock image most of them got going on.
jamie grimes should get hold of them and feed them some norweigin death metal tunes for sacrificing young virgins and/or goats. and then and only then they can start dressing like that. at the moment biohazard doesnt cut it im afraid!

anyone seen any rip dimebag shirts yet...i hope they exist!

we were listening to feeney the other day actually, deadly, one of irish punk's lost classics... "i dont want or need a car, i dont want or need a friend, cos friends get killed in cars, there aint no girl from mars".
followed by a fond rememberance of all the twat things he did/wrote.
we need a new feeney for 2005..

hey i remember that song......
that was on that comp with steam pig doing the hops and barley song.....
that feeny song was dreadful but ended up being fuckin catchy...
bastard.......

Feeney's zine was one of the first that I got my hands on. I bought it in Zhivargo in Galway back in the day. Angry young man with an unhealthy Rollins obsession.....

"anyone seen any rip dimebag shirts yet...i hope they exist!"

I just painted a pink beard on my Kurt Cobain one! Recycling rocks!

kollin said:
Feeney's zine was one of the first that I got my hands on. I bought it in Zhivargo in Galway back in the day.

Yep, me too, in Zhivago in Galway -first zine I ever got, that was my introduction to underground punk. The issue with that CD, there was a Cheapskate and a Neurosis interview in it. Went and got the Cheapskate and Puget Sound 7"s and the rest is history! Last I heard Feeney'd got some young one pregnant and moved to England. I used t write to him, he still owes me £4 and the issue of his zine that had the Blackbelt Jones 7"!! Blackbelt Jones, what a legend band.

"as i said i couldnt give a shit who any of you little pricks are but dont try and fuck other peoples stuff up because it will come back to you."

the little pricks comment is directed to those involved in the DIY scene. other peoples stuff means blast busines, this guy is a director of blast. come back to you, as i wud see it, is a threat to the diy community if they were ever to step on blasts toes... jsut if anyones intersted. im sure some u'll find this petty and rediculous but the shit that this guy has been saying is incredible.

no response as to the under age burleque shows, however...

did he really say that?

fire bombs anyone?

Corm said:
he still owes me £4

agggggghhhhhh that reminds me that I too sent him money for a zine that never came out properly! WANKER. hopefully he spent the cash on nappies and not another rollins band bootleg.

Nothing with a bit of Rollins

rollins_3.jpg

damien said:
we were listening to feeney the other day actually, deadly, one of irish punk's lost classics... "i dont want or need a car, i dont want or need a friend, cos friends get killed in cars, there aint no girl from mars".
followed by a fond rememberance of all the twat things he did/wrote.
we need a new feeney for 2005..

ha! me and herv were seriously considering doing a cover of that song, it's bizarre but genius.

tony feeney apparently had a 'feud' with me and i never even knew it had happened! seriously! i had to get told about it afterwards. seemed like a nice guy when i talked to him. also organised the only waltons track ever to be released on cd, so respeck and all that. *also*, the b.b.j. 7" was the first irish 7" to be done in the czech republic, i think. so without him there'd be no road relish or any of that stuff.

on the other hand, he took up doing 'acoustic celtic punk' music for a while under the name 'fianai'. aaaaaaaaand the less said about that the better.

oh by the way, nobody is really punk unless they had a letter published in gearhead nation, preferably about starting a band named after a character from the hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy.

tom. said:
oh by the way, nobody is really punk unless they had a letter published in gearhead nation, preferably about starting a band named after a character from the hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy.

for real.

it strangely enmuff was one of my first zines too, and of all the places to buy it VIRGIN RECORDS in the fookin square in tallaght!

oh yeah i got that feeny blackbelt jones seven inch at home, aw feeny ho hum!

I loved that zine. That zine turned Tony Feeney into a legend, the kind of legend you fall over laughing at. The best bit was the strip of four passport photos he got done gradually showing him getting angrier and angrier before giving the camera the middle finger.
I can't believe it was the first zine for many of you. You're all so fucking new.

where might one find old copies of gearhead nation?

forgotten zine library... or have you FORGOTTEN that it even exists? hah!

ps tom, i was very drunk last night thus inhibiting my ability to think, why the sly digs?

tom. said:
I had the joy of Derek Nation phoning up my house to give out about my zine every Sunday for a month. I was 15. And I got a letter printed giving out about a DIY gig he helped organise where I got kicked out BY BOUNCERS. Beat that.
PUNK AS FUCK

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back