Blast vs DIY (2 Viewers)

u read it short? jesus! thanks anyway... i thought it was funny... but to reiterate weelers point tho: WHY is he so fuckin eager?

Alan Remorse said:
good god, that font is actually unreadable.

any chance of a summary?
This is the first post of the thread (posted by Ed) :
ok, in an attempt to carry out this debate over the internet sean has asked me to summarize the 7 page argument to date, with out the overly antagonizing bullshit, and has asked you all, in the spirit rob started out with, not to write anymore bullshit. it will be deleted. this thread is only for those who want a serious debate between themselves, rob and whoever else has an opinion on the matter.
cheers, ed.

ok, rob begins by claiming that "There is no rational reason for there to animosity between people who inhabit this space and those who go or play Blast events", and that we ought to cooperate to benefit one another, that we shud meet and discuss the whole affair. he also calims that blast is non profit and a cool place for teenagers to be.

kev asks why dylans posts were deleted in the blast forum.

dylan then challenges rob regarding the rockstar attitude that many ppl seem to claim 'blast bands' possess, claiming that DIY offers far more in the way of community spirit than blast. he then asks why was his post deleted from the blast forum, claiming it was only letting ppl know that they too cud put on gigs for themselves.

regarding rockstar attitudes, rob says that he cannot read the minds of the individuals involved. he also mentions that both the artists and audience share the same experience and are, therefore, helping to dissolve the audience/ artist barrier. regarding dylans deleted post, rob is unsure of what it is, exactly hasko is talking about.

dylan goes on to state that there are structural factors to blast that encourage artist/ audience barrier. not only that but also some serious acusations that blast demeans women. he reminds rob of which post was deleted and then slams the cover charge of €8.

then sean buts in with a small note on how only ON OFF have gotten undeserved flack from hte P4IT forum. and he also apologises for hostility on the blast forum.

conor sez his thing on what diy means to him and how he feels that blast does not offer these factors to him.

briandropout tells all that he has wished to play basta/ kilcoole for a long time but was told not to due to his band being associated with blast. then makes some weird comments/ questions about eirecore and basta/ kilcoole before he mentions how he wud like both 'scenes' to play together more.

it is then established that basta has a stringent policy that blast bands get one chance at playing basta, after which, if they wish to play again, they are not to play blast.

brian then lets out another of his wishes regarding following in the footsteps of the revs, after they have toured outside of ireland and stuff.

weeler warns everyone not to bother arguing with rob, cuz what he sez is one thing, what he does is another, apperantly. he also makes the point that u dont have to be the revs to tour the world as the diy network spans the globe.

an official stance from kilcoole is then issued, claiming that a colaboration between blast and diy is pointless as there are fundamental differences between the two 'scenes', of which DIY cannot budge from as then it becomes some thing else... kilcoole, it seems, does not have a problem with blast bands taking up and following diy ethics.

lyndsay (first time ive wrote her name right...) reveals herslef to be the subject character of dylans horrific blast sexpose, with claims that the mc asked her to strip and that there were grls in the hall taking off their skirt hu then went on to win prizes, more or less, for their efforts. (a note tho, parish halls are devilishly shit places for gigs lyndroper!)

ben makes the point that there are drunken sex feinds present at greystones gigs too.

sean points out that, this may be true, but it shud not be encouraged!

i point out that even at daras kilcoole gigs there were manic nympho undressees present and some loon arrestees with fire extinguishers too. for this reason the diy promoters ought to begin issuing propaganda relating to the preciousness of diy, its methods, reasons and our community to these loafing delinquents.

starchy sez that blast is now about getting pissed and claims he has hung out in the girls jacks to take advantage of these unconcious, soon-to-be-hookers. (joke boss, but only cuz u sed independant gigs were more down to earth and nice.)

after a long period of absenteeism rob returns with a depressed tone, sadened by the argument and all the jibing while he was away. he calls a meeting between those interested and claims that both scenes really do have alot in common, if only us 'diyers' wud open our minds.

i show my disapointment for lack of argument, then show my interest in the meeting, but also my laziness with hedin off to town for it. i reiterate the kilcoole stance. we are here to be worked with, but only on our terms. and then end with 3 Qs 4 rob: 1. what similarities tween blast and diy? 2. what gained from collaboration? and 3. what of treasure island?

After that, Robert S (under the name BlastR), has basically zoned in on one thing that Dylan has said and waffled on about it, trying to discredit Dylan for four pages.

hmm... i really do think that this is an unresolvable argument.

thats a deadly pic of our greystones gig on the first page though

a load of the current crop of punker than punk punx got into punk through blast. so it is hip.

damien said:
a load of the current crop of punker than punk punx got into punk through blast. so it is hip.

Never ever heard of this "blast" thing before!
How many more of these little secret communities are around!?

Will they buy records from me?

And that Tresure Island label - im not a much of a fan i`m afraid.

Rimbaud said:
Never ever heard of this "blast" thing before!
How many more of these little secret communities are around!?

Will they buy records from me?

And that Tresure Island label - im not a much of a fan i`m afraid.

they're not communities and they won't buy records from you unless you happen to be hmv?

no joke, all the old blast crew are now cool. whats to say in a few years all the blast gigs will be cool, and all the cool kids will be into, say, prog?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back