Best Pantera Record (1 Viewer)

Pantera have always been utter crap, Cowboys from hell was bollox, Vulgar Display of Power is only remembered cos dj's keep playing the same fucking couple of songs from it all the time in bars like its still 1992, Far Beyond Driven was poor at best and may have had 1 or 2 good numbers but I dont really care to go back and listen to fiund out, and the rest I have never listened to and have no intention of ever listening to. Has Phil Anselmo got the same dubious god status afforded to him by some that Mike Patton has by others

Far Beyond Driven!!!!!
Trendkill makes me puke with it's shite clean bits with loads of chorus on the guitars. Awful songs, too much of Phil trying it on with his dodgy "singing" voice. FBD is pure metal all the way, no let up, except for Plant Caravan or whatever it's called. But that's not theirs anyway. Watch out for giveamanakick's cover of Strength Beyong Strength coming your way soon!
(seriously, we're recording it like)

error type 11 said:
Pantera have always been utter crap, Cowboys from hell was bollox, Vulgar Display of Power is only remembered cos dj's keep playing the same fucking couple of songs from it all the time in bars like its still 1992, Far Beyond Driven was poor at best and may have had 1 or 2 good numbers but I dont really care to go back and listen to fiund out, and the rest I have never listened to and have no intention of ever listening to. Has Phil Anselmo got the same dubious god status afforded to him by some that Mike Patton has by others
I agree,except when you said one or two good numbers. Are you sure there was that many?

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I agree,except when you said one or two good numbers. Are you sure there was that many?

I have some remote recollection of some riffs on that album being somewhat worthy of the tag good, but then again I'm never going to listen to it again so I'll never know

bah! philistines!

yes yes, what was ken's old band called again? i remember they did an impromptu Freebase cover WHILE SUPPORTING freebase and completely fucked up, it was so funny seeing freebase's faces as their song was butchered...

freebase are still assholes though

Heres my opinion of this overrated band

Metal Magic - two Toilets !bog !bog
Projects In The Jungle - two Toilets !bog !bog
I Am The Night - Zero Toilets
Power Metal - Zero Toilets
Coboys from Hell - two Toilets !bog !bog
Vulgar Display of Pooer - Zero Toilets
Far Beyond Driven - Zero Toilets
Trendkill - !bog
Reinventing the Steel - Zero Toilets

pretty gay band if you ask me the singer is a knobend he gets no toilets.

pretty gay band if you ask me the singer is a knobend he gets no toilets.
your a knobend. i dont even like pantera any more but i think if you listen to phils other non pantera stuff you will realise he is an amazing singer.

Anthony said:
Keeper is a classic. I'd love to hear it now. What was the name of that super pop song on it? I'm racking my brains.
The record is in my parents house at the moment [forgot to bring it back up with me] but from memory let's see...

A Tale That Wasn't Right ? - no, don't so

Future World
or
I'm Alive

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back