Best Irish turn of phrase (1 Viewer)

"Crippled with the gout" - not sure what it means but it cracks me up whenever my friend Dave airs it. Might be a Longford thing.

Also putting the word "altogether" at the end of anything ie ""It was fierce mild out altogether"

"Crippled with the gout" - not sure what it means but it cracks me up whenever my friend Dave airs it. Might be a Longford thing.

Also putting the word "altogether" at the end of anything ie ""It was fierce mild out altogether"
I like "so it is" at the end of sentences. It's pure red but sort of charming.

Also enjoy our habit of completely nonsensical metaphors spoken as if they're old, established sayings. There's a wind out there that would mow your lawn for ya. That cold would put hair on your boots for ya. And so on and so forth.

It means they're suffering from gout, a rather painfully debilitating form of athritis I think that fatsos get.

As far as I know you get gout as a result of deposits of uric acid in your extremities, usually as a result of a rich diet and lots of brandy, red wine and other tannin-rich beverages. I think. So basically yeah, yer foot is full of piss, and possibly vinegar.

Putting "een" at the end of things.

"I was in the tractoreen, I turned onto the roadeen and who was there but Pateen and Gerreen"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back