best band in the world (as far as you know)... (1 Viewer)

snakybus said:
Yay Ruins, craziest band of all time, Bukkake.

But the best band in the world......like Liam, I couldn't possibly choose.
if you got to see 1 band/performer and then had to die, who would it be?

1950's said:
Yeah polvo rule. One of my favourite bands for years. Until they got the sitar out of course.
yeah theres some line on celebrate the new dark age that goes something like
"we just bought a sitar so be prepared", mind you there is alot of good stuff on shapes

hag said:
the most unaffected people in the world making the most amazing music in the world. i just have immense admiration for them. i'll make you some cds when i get back or you could always just call over and dance with me?
yay, i would love to hear them. i have an amendment to my best band in the world....
i think today i'm going with don caballero.
you're thread title should read: best band in the world (as far as you know today):p

SadieOutlaw said:
yay, i would love to hear them. i have an amendment to my best band in the world....
i think today i'm going with don caballero.
you're thread title should read: best band in the world (as far as you know today):p
huh? you like don cab? wanna make out some time?

if i had the oppertunity to see one band, even though it's cliched, it would have to be the beatles playing their white album stuff.

this is my favourite beatles album, and in general, one of my all time favourite albums.

songs like Mother Nature's Son, Long, Long, Long, Cry Baby Cry and Sexy Sadie are classics that are often forgotten about. Long, Long, Long is a beautiful song that, for me, demonstrates the musical genius that was John Lennon (I love the mix of Long, Long, Long...it's very subtle)

The white album has an amazing and diverse mix of songs : Wild Honey Pie, Blackbird, Don't Pass Me By (go on the Ringo !), Helter Skelter, Good Night.. to name a few, and every time I listen to it a new song stands out.

definitely the first album on my desert island top 5 list.

Then again, I heard Jane's Additction put on an amazing gig.

Have Jane's Addiction ever played in Ireland ?

They played the point a couple o' months back I believe. Didn't hear how it went. Strays only had one good song on it. THe rest bored me to tears after a fashion. Never bothered buying a ticket as a result.

Latex lizzie said:
They played the point a couple o' months back I believe. Didn't hear how it went. Strays only had one good song on it. THe rest bored me to tears after a fashion. Never bothered buying a ticket as a result.
never heard about that gig...I didn't like strays at first, but it has grown on me...it's no Nothing's Shocking...good driving music.
I saw some footage of Jane's at the Fuji Rock festival (from 2002 i think) and they were pretty cool.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
You're all wrong. Best band in the world is Melvins.
melvins been giving me goosebumps since i started to buy them. the new record with lustmord is brilliant.

hag said:
for me, it's the ex. never known a band so great. who's yours?
don't think i'll ever see a better gig than the ex in cork last december. almost made me give up going to anymore gigs! was gonna try and head to their 25th anniversary yokey in november but can't afford it now. damn tom waits and his €105 tickets.

hag said:
if you got to see 1 band/performer and then had to die, who would it be?
keane or the counting crows. it'd make death that bit more appealing.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
You're all wrong. Best band in the world is Melvins.
self-proclaimed greatest band in the world and all. i'd nearly be inclined to agree too.

for me the best band in the world is sonic youth and they are the band i wanna see then die.

hag i totally am with you on the ex

revolution.jpg

Without question

after listening to pokkeherrie again this morning for the first time in a while i agree with hag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back