Best Acoustic Record Ever...? (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

its gotta be "ghost of tom joad" or "nebraska" by Bruce Springsteen.

you have to wonder why 99% of singer/songwriters even bother trying when Bruce has done it all 100 times better than they ever could.

in fact, 99% of singer songwriters are complete shite. especially compared to bruce.

Yer man bruce has something alright but he's just no mark eitzel, "songs of love live" is the finest acoustic record ever!(tm) ever ever ever ever amen!

Igor said:
Yer man bruce has something alright but he's just no mark eitzel, "songs of love live" is the finest acoustic record ever!(tm) ever ever ever ever amen!
and so say all of us!

...waitin for my 30sec timeout window to pa...

maybe 99% of songwriters don't think they're in competition with bruce springsteen....though nebraska is the shiznit.

elliott smith, s/t, either/or
joni mitchell, blue
bob dylan, another side of bob dylan, "live at royal albert hall" disc 1,

what counts as an acoustic record anyway? does blood on the tracks count

Wheels said:
Pink Moon.

That is all.
your motion sir, she is seconded.
i never understood the whole boss love thing, i cant listen to him without getting greatly irritated.

i like Staring Contest by thingy which is more of an ep though...loverly melodies.

and even though i find most of Will Oldham's stuff boring I really, really like Master and Everyone.

john fahey - the yellow princess ... conveniently also one of the best albums ever full stop.

eoinbox said:
your motion sir, she is seconded.
i never understood the whole boss love thing, i cant listen to him without getting greatly irritated.
Pink Moon is pretty fab
but pales in comparison to Bruce's Nebraska

there's not a huge amount of the whole boss love thing on these boards - quite the opposite I'd imagine - which is sad because he is amazing.

yes the boss does indeed rule. especially nebraska. i bought it cos that tune state tropper was on the end of sopranos. never heard of it before that. what a treat

Alan Remorse said:
its gotta be "ghost of tom joad" or "nebraska" by Bruce Springsteen.

you have to wonder why 99% of singer/songwriters even bother trying when Bruce has done it all 100 times better than they ever could.

in fact, 99% of singer songwriters are complete shite. especially compared to bruce.
Nebraska is deadly, I listened to that cd so much the past 2 years since I got it, is ghost of tom joad from an era before or after nebraske?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back