Bandicoot (split from Therapy? Cork gig) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Therapy? Cork gig

eh... because they fuck their bands over. They failed to give Explosions their guarantee, even though the venue was packed, with tickets going at €10 a pop (another reason for my dislike, insane prices), didnt get accomidation for their driver and gave Rest €20. 20 quid like.

fair enough he gets good bands over but his way of doing things is the absolute opposite to how we prefer to do it...

I just spoke to Mr. Bandicoot re. this and Explosions got the EXACT guarantee that was arranged with MCD in advance of the show.

Bandicoot has been promoting for 12 years and he's NEVER not paid, or left a band short, of a pre-arranged guarantee.

fair enough... i dont even know the guy so i dont really care to make a personal judgement but i've heard a lot of bad stories, from people i'd trust

I wish to fuck people on messageboards would get their facts right before making stupid statements.

Who are these 'people you trust'?, they obviously don't know their arse from their elbow.

and the people who said these things are in bands who have worked with Bandicoot.

why would i want to get other people in shit for something they tell me in confidence??? i have been putting on gigs myself for years and the things i've heard from these people, whether they're true or not (and to be honest i think most of them are), just seem completely insane and totally opposed to what we have tried to do over the last few years

like i said i dont even know the guy so im not making a personal judgement

so what you're saying is based on hearsay, obviously based on garbage, from people who won't go on the record. Very accurate indeed.

Many people here on thumped (me, hag, niall mcguirk, madouva, chalets, etc) have worked with Bandicoot in the past who no problem that I'm aware of. Ask any of them were any bands not paid fully.

In fact, whenever he hasn;t got a crowd to a gig he's always paid the bands their guarantee out of his own pocket and whenever he can get sponsorship he runs free gigs in places like lobby, pine lodge, connollys for bands such as I am kloot, redneck manifesto, czars, warlords, chalets, supersuckers, explosions in the sky, french toast, yumi yumi, and tons more.

try not listening to those idiots who spew erroneous information and life is then much simpler for all concerned I think you'll find.

sorry i had to cut our lovers' tiff short, i had lectures...

i would invite those who have repeatedly bitched about bandicoot to me (and im sure they know who they are) to back me up on this... this is why i didnt name names, i'll leave it up to them if they want to say something

i play a small DIY hardcore band, and everybody i deal with would never have any connections with bandicoot so i really couldnt give a fuck less what he thinks of me. in fact im pretty sure he doesnt know who i am. i understand some people might feel they have something to lose by backing me up so i'll let it go.

by the way, i havent changed my opinion at all.

hoho, what a comeback! i'll be stinging for weeks after that one. your dog biscuit from Bandicoot is in the post...

all promoters have shit talked about them, everywhere, from the dawn of time. if you don't like the way someone works, don't work with them and leave it at that...

anyway. i think therapy? stopped being good around the time they decided to be Rock Stars and put out Troublegum. Fyfe leaving was the end of the band as far as i was interested. which is weird cos they've been going longer now without him than with... and that gig last year in belfast was pretty shit in my opinion.
but what do i know?

pleasure death made me wanna learn drums when i was 11.

B for the Spree said:
pleasure death made me wanna learn drums when i was 11.
so when ya gonna start learning, Bernard?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back