Band X are influenced by everyone from (1 Viewer)

Moods For Mallards

My Bloody Valentine to the Jesus & Mary Chain.

That's an example, I'm not necessarily getting on the case of bands with similar influences to Band X.
I have noticed that people writing band blurbs and sometimes reviews have very strange notions of what constitutes wide-ranging influences. Basically you take two similar enough bands (let's say Mogwai and Sigur Ros) and say that Band X's "dreamy soundscapes signify a broad spectrum of influences, from Mogwai to Sigur Ros".

So there you go.

I'm influenced by.. like...Jefferson Airplane..... right back around to Jefferson Starship ...and everything else in between.

wide ranging influences sometimes come up as even more annoying

"everyone from the Shangri-Las to psych-folk pioneers The Incredible String Band to the French Symbolist Poets"

O RLY? Cos you sound like the Kooks

wide ranging influences sometimes come up as even more annoying

"everyone from the Shangri-Las to Psych-Folk Pioneers The Incredible String Band to the French Symbolist Poets"

O RLY? Cos you sound like the Kooks

They do indeed.

Let's just have a bit of consistency, blurb writers.

Then there's the massive list, where the band lists off every cool band ever along with a couple of childhood favourites in an attempt to catch the attention of the sharp-eyed browser.

Sounds like everything, from lying in bed at night thinking about the mistakes you've made in life, to being stuck in in a changing room of a shop, trying on a t-shirt that's too small to get back off again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back