Ban on men sitting next to children (1 Viewer)

different subject but at 1 stage Asda were selling g-strings for kids as young as 8 with "i love me" written on them.

WTF

Wavioli said:
thats only bad if you have a filthy mind.

There was some crazy auld one on Liveline last week (why do I listen to this nonsense? WHY??) giving out about the Patricia the Stripper song Dustin the turkey has released. She said that if a child sings it within earshot of a paedo it could give him the wrong idea.

ive a bit of a bee in my fucking prostate about this whole issue. as a studying primary teacher, ive been warned about letting kids sit on my knee ( and all this is LETTING, mind you, not inviting) , touching a kid on the arm, ruffling hair, giving a crying child a hug, putting a band aid on a kids knee, tucking a tie back inside a jumper ...it goes on
and yet female teachers do all these things with no problems or even issues surrounding them. if a kid falls down and breaks a finger or a wrist or grazes a shin and wants human contact until their mam comes, i have to stand there and say 'no, no, no sorry, i cant' and offer no explanation. its happened. so to be honest all this doesnt surprise me, you can see it coming.

yeah i was watching a prog about this last night, apparantly this attitude is killing the british ballet scene, because the teachers (male or female) arent allowed to make physical contact with the students. Which makes teaching ballet properly neigh on impossible.

Blame the tabloids i suppose :rolleyes:

I think thats spot on

people with penii just cant be trusted- simple as that

i did a librarian course in ucd last year and there was one subject called "childrens literature" (kiddie lit) which i didnt take but i could see the logic of having such a course for people who liked kiddie lit and hoped to work in public libraries, or for people looking for a potentially easy subject. anyway, some of the guys who put their names down for the course were apparently approached and discouraged strongly from taking the course, they were asked how having the course listed on their cv might be viewed by people looking at them, and the suggestion was that it would be percieved as a bit dodgy or sinister for men to have studied childrens literature.

for fuck sake. does that not piss anyone else off
ive beenm told that as a male teacher I will move quickly up the ranks ( to the dizzying heights that primary teachers can reach) , but that I will ''always be viewed with suspicion by parents''.
very disturbing thing, to be condemned for something some sick cunt has done, because we happen to share a gender.

spiritualtramp said:
There was some crazy auld one on Liveline last week (why do I listen to this nonsense? WHY??) giving out about the Patricia the Stripper song Dustin the turkey has released. She said that if a child sings it within earshot of a paedo it could give him the wrong idea.

Isn't the story here that the record is being used to raise money for a Childrens charity? So you've got a song extolling the virtues of stripping associated with Children's welfare or something .... like would it have been *that* hard to find a song that wasn't about the sex industry?

Man, that sounded awful PC of me .... my main objection would be Chris De Burgh having anything to do with children ....

I agree with the Guardian article, I think the way we've gone as a society from disregarding children to trying to protect them from all possible harm is really damaging. It's not just paedophilia, my brother's a teacher and the kids in his school aren't allowed run in the playground in case they fall and their parents sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back