bamboo steamer pots (1 Viewer)

daydream_nation

Website
Visit site
that thread title is a bit weird. anyway.
i got a present of loadsa kitchen stuff the other day, including a set of these bad boys. having a look on the aul interweb for some recipies or what to use em for - ive only ever seen em with pancakes in em in the chinese... classy.
anyone got any recommendations/recipes etc?

that thread title is a bit weird. anyway.
i got a present of loadsa kitchen stuff the other day, including a set of these bad boys. having a look on the aul interweb for some recipies or what to use em for - ive only ever seen em with pancakes in em in the chinese... classy.
anyone got any recommendations/recipes etc?
Anything that involves steaming. Try spinach.

Whole fish stuffed with herbs is supposed to be beautiful but never done it.

Anything that involves steaming. Try spinach.

Whole fish stuffed with herbs is supposed to be beautiful but never done it.

anything that involves steaming... you're some genius.
not a fan of anything that lives in the sea. just reading some stuff there, apparently you put em in a wok with a little water when steaming stuff and adding herbs to the water is a good way to go.

anything that involves steaming... you're some genius.
not a fan of anything that lives in the sea. just reading some stuff there, apparently you put em in a wok with a little water when steaming stuff and adding herbs to the water is a good way to go.

you can also just stick them over the top of a saucepan with a little water in it.

any green veg is good steamed: broccoli, pak choi, etc.

sadly i am too tragically lazy to make my own dumplings or char siu buns or any of that malarkey from scratch, but you can buy them chilled in most chinese supermarkets and steam them yourself. mmm, pork bun.

will check out the chinese supermarket so!my house mate took one look at the bamboo steamer this morning and said 'pork buns'.never heard of em but will have to try em out

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back