ballymahon info? (3 Viewers)

nooleen

bad ape
Solutions
so what's the story with the ballymahon st patricks day gig? who's playing exactly and what time does it start? and which 2 days is it?

It starts on Sunday pretty early I guess and finishes on Monday. Puget Sound, Sci Bong, The Poke, Kilcoole Bands, Giveamanakick and loads of other good bands (fuktifino? onemandown?) are playing the Sunday. Dunno about Monday.

if you take the N4 aaaaaaaaaaall the way from dublin to edgeworthstown (in longford, about 10 km before longford town) then take a left down the N55 you'll come straight to ballymahon. it's on some river really near lough ree. you'll recognise it because it looks like somewhere you do not want to stop in.

My idea is to bust it down to Roscommon on Saturday after Weelzo's goin' away drinks on Friday, then on Sunday it'll be easy to some sort of mini-bus thingy to Ballymahon., oh wait, maybe not, seeing as its Paddy's Day... Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Winty
Also it has an extremely wide main street. Wider than O'Connel St.

i once read that o connel st. is the widest st. in europe.. . ?

also .. my leavingness is on friday.. .

Well ok not quite as wide as O' Connell St.
Sunday isn't paddy's day but it is the day before so a mini bus might be tricky and you'd have to make sure there's enough people to fill it.
There are buses and trains to Edgeworthstown (though not all trains stop there), Athlone and Longford town. I'd say Athlone is the closest or maybe Edgeworthstown. You could then hitch from Athlone maybe (though it is more difficult to get lifts these days) or get a taxi. Taxi from Longford is about 15eu so probably a bit less from Athlone and Edgeworthstown (though you may have some difficulty getting one from here).

Just looked it up there on a map. Looks awkward to get to from Belfast, which is where I am. Might be fun though, it's that or GBH. Not too hard a choice in that case...

I think they're playing here that nite with Runnin' Riot and a lot of other punk bands, not good, too many mohawks and cider bottles, not enough coffee and veggie burgers.

who exactly is playing in ballymahon? I remember seeing a list someplace but I cant remember where.
So is anyone going to Limerick too or what? dont think i can afford all this travel buzz.:(

Winty posted somewhere above that :
Puget Sound, Sci Bong, The Poke, Kilcoole Bands, Giveamanakick and loads of other good bands (fuktifino? onemandown?) were all playing on unday, but not sure about the Monday.
Does Dee use this site? Anyone know if she'd go so that I can save money and drive us both?

camping in ballymahon??

whats the crack with ballymahon, is there a gaff where we can talk shit all night , is it a camping thing or do they have a crazy golf course we can camp out on?

see ye there sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back