Ballroom Birthday Bash (Sun Aug 3rd) (3 Viewers)

Unclealo

Uncle Alo
Website
www.thirteenthlock.net
To celebrate one year, the Ballroom of Romance temporarily relocates to the Sugar Club, Leeson Street for a mammoth 7 hours of Music from 8pm to 3am with live performances from some of the finest independent acts in the country.

Since its inception in June of last year the club has established itself as one of Dublin's best alternative music clubs, each night seeing performances from 3-4 independent acts and 100 free CD-r compilations given away. In Portobello's legendary Lower Deck the Ballroom crew (Dublin based band Holy Ghost Fathers and one Mr. Billy Gannon) have put on some 18 shows with 55 different acts and given away 2000 free CD-r compilations.

Playing on the night are:

Settler
Mumblin' Deaf Ro
Dinah Brand
Holy Ghost Fathers
Paper Cop
Steerage
Boxes
Drat
Stoat
Herv
Formika
The Last Sound

with DJ Sets from Hag (Alpharelish/ Damien Frost) & Mark Signal (Xfm)

A lavishly packaged CD-r compilation featuring some live recordings from previous ballrooms and favourites studio tracks gleaned from the Plethora of acts who played in the last year will given away to the first 200 through the door

Tickets €13 in advance, available from Road Records. €15 on the door

Sunday 3rd of August
Doors 7.30

More info at

http://www.ballroomofromance.com

EDIT: Tickets available from us direct for €10 nudge nudge

my set will be for dancin to... that sugar club dancefloor... no one's claimed it yet, everyone's always been too comfy in them chairs... it's there for the takin like...

max tundra on friday... cylob on saturday... this on sunday... ouch, my head... how to do more damage to yourself in one weekend...

:D

Unclealo said:
I just edited my post there. It's Bank Holiday Sunday the 3rd of August..

AlphaRelish said:
max tundra on friday... cylob on saturday... this on sunday... ouch, my head... how to do more damage to yourself in one weekend...

:D

First the Pied Piper parade ..... and then this On Sunday!!

Speed Racer said:
This looks like it would be a good night. Nice one. Sunday you say. hmmmmmmm....... I'll bring a naggin, Sugar club ripp ye off at the bar.

That's coz they're still trying to recoup their losses following from the barman-on-tippy-toes-trying-to-reach-a-bottle-on-shelf-behind-bar-too-high-grunt-grunt--can't-quite-make-it-hang-on-nearly-wait-a-sec

..................Smash!!!!!!!

Shelf and bottles (and no doubt manager) come down on barman like ton of bricks. A ton no less.

You will be able to buy tickets for a tenner.... yes, €10, if you come along to see Mr. Creosote at the Blackfort Organic Gallery tonight... or to David Creevy at the same Gallery on Saturday.... or at the Pied Piper Parade on Sunday....

that's €5 less than at the door.

sparse said:
I like the way the Ballroom ditched the Lower Deck when the big money comes in! eh? nothing like leaving your friends behind ;)

We're all about the champers right now. There has always been a loosed shirt colour and tie tied round the ears element to the Ballroom of Romance. Billy is the new John Reynolds

I'm not into drugs, man. I get high on music and people and laughing.

I'm hoping this will be a spiritual affair where people come out of it feeling cleansed and renewed. Everyone who comes to this will receive healing crystals and a hand book on how to be a tosser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back