Ballroom # 52 - Friday May 19th (1 Viewer)

Finally after much nashing of teeth..

Ballroom #52

Featuring

Hoovers and Sledgehammers
Stoat
Le Nore

Friday 19th of May
The Lower Deck, Portobello
€8, free CD-r to the first 100 etc

Hoovers and Sledgehammers

Hoovers and Sledgehammers are a Dublin based duo of rock/abstract performance artists. Igor Honey plays bass and some keyboards and Earl mustard plays drums, guitar and sings(sometimes all at the same time).

They formed early in 2002 and have four independently released albums under their belt (with each album averaging 30 compositions or more). Recorded with a humble tascam 4-track recorder and mostly made up on the spot, they are: Fox at my window (2002), Shut the F**k up (2003), Hoovers and Sledgehammers(2003) and most recently Dr.Carmel (2004) are the albums the boys have produced to date.

The band are heavily influenced by Talking Heads, particularly their earlier work and are heavily uninfluenced by the Frames.

In the summer of 2004 the band made a promo video for their cult hit Dalek Diarrhoea -disturbing work. They are working currently on two new promo videos for "Joyridin'" and "The Mercury Man".

So catch Hoovers and Sledgehammers playing around Dublin. Cheese sandwiches available at most of their shows.
http://www.hooversandsledgehammers.com
http://artists.cpu.ie//bands/68

Stoat

Stoat return for their first gig in ages. Noted for playing "Odd ball indie pop/rock" they are no strangers to the Ballroom. They've released one of the best local records of 2005 "Future come find us" and recently appeared on RTE2's programme the Café.

http://www.stoatmusic.com

Le Nore
Le Nore were formed in a sack (if you get me) in 2005. Oh joy! The guys all have problems but we don't talk about that. They are; Marko - Bass, Muller - Droms and Davenore - Satchel. They have played a show, and some guy said they're "deadly". But on the other hand, some other guy said they weren't so deadly. They aren't bad looking. And! plus the fact they think outside of the box.

Fuck Schillaci said:
Any Ballrooms planned for July?

Roughly set. Nothing 100%

June one is going to totally kick ass

ZOT! (Italy)
E+S=B
Decal with David Lacey

Also bringing back the High Plane Drifters in September and maybe doing Part Chimp soon after..

poster52b.jpg

I`ll be there first with my Lenore t-shirt on, seen them in France in 87 and they played the palmolive shampoo add, you know that one "ooooohhhh palmolive shampooo oooo", love that fucking song, all Lever Brother bands rock.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back