Bad Sneakers Presents...POWER OF DREAMS, Whelan's, March 12 (1 Viewer)

Urchin PR

Website
www.myspace.com
Bad Sneakers Presents...

POWER OF DREAMS

“Immigrants, Emigrants and Me” - 20th Anniversary Show

Friday 12th March, Doors 7:30pm

Whelan’s, 25 Wexford St, Dublin 2

Tickets €20 incl booking fee available from Ticketmaster Outlets, Tickets.ie & WaV Box Office [lo-call 1890 200 078]

Twenty years ago a brash young Dublin indie-rock band delivered one of the most exciting Irish debut albums of all-time. Whelan’s is proud to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of “Immigrants, Emigrants and Me”.

Power of Dreams were formed in Dublin in 1989 by songwriter Craig Walker. The band’s debut ep “A Little Piece of God” was voted Single of The Week in UK music weeklies Melody Maker and Sounds, which led to them signing to Polydor.

Their first album, “Immigrants, Emigrants and Me”, received glowing reviews worldwide with Craig Walker garnering praise for a lyrical maturity beyond his 18 years and the band’s spiky indie pop assault winning fans among press and public alike.

Power of Dreams embarked on a global tour, taking in more than 20 countries in the space of a year, including Japan and the US. Live, the band were hailed for their blistering sonic attack and soaring melodies.

Over the next four years, they released a further three albums and continued to play shows worldwide, including four return visits to Japan. However, commercial success never quite matched the level of critical acclaim achieved and so the four members went their separate ways in 1995.

2010 marks the 20th anniversary of the release of that landmark debut album “Immigrants, Emigrants and Me” and to mark the occasion, the band have been asked to reform for a series of live shows.

A 2CD limited edition of the album, containing all 14 original tracks plus the debut “A Little Piece of God” ep and various b-sides, will be released on 1st March 2010.

Press reaction to the Anniversary show:

'Jesus f***ing Christ. 20 years? Christ that's depressing' - Ian O'Doherty - Irish Independant
'Jesus, 20 years!!! It is one of my favourite albums of all time!' - Tower Records
'So thrilled to hear that brilliant album will be available again' - Irish Echo
'Brilliant, I never got to see the band back in the day!' - RTE 2 - Dan Hegarty

www.myspace.com/powerofdreams
www.powerofdreams.ie

Watch:

www.mtv.co.uk/artists/power-of-dreams/video/100-ways-to-kill-a-love

www.mtv.co.uk/artists/power-of-dreams/video/never-been-to-texas

www.mtv.co.uk/artists/power-of-dreams/video/american-dream

www.mtv.co.uk/artists/power-of-dreams/video/slowdown

Looking forward to this.

Article with Craig Walker in Sunday Times Culture today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back