Autobiographies (1 Viewer)

Pantone247 said:
ooooooohhhhh he so DID NOT write that! Dr Eugene Landy baiscally wrote it.

well so I say anyhow

actually maybe .5% of it he worte, like the bits that go, at then of a chapter about his crippling coke use, the disolution of his marriage and the alienation of his daughters, "gee that was a funny week!"

Still a rapid book but
yeah , I liked reading about his life before he met that doctor .

then it all went to shit and he just praised the doctor for five million pages . I found it creepy and somewhat cultish , he was clearly very under the doc's spell when he wrote it . mr Wilson seems to have crippling emotional dependancy issues .

kirstie said:
I might dawdle to chapters this weekend to see if I can pick up Swan by Naomi Campbell
I'd imagine it's a fabillis read.
Or as someone called it, "Naomi Campbell's" "novel" "Swan".

One to avoid is Groucho Marx's. Thought it would be great, but its full of strained attempts at humour and bitching about money.

Apparently, Harpo's is only deadly though.

spiritualtramp said:
mr Wilson seems to have crippling emotional dependancy issues .

that;s waht I was thinking when I read it was his wifes suggestion to go back on tour... all felt a bit explotive... hhhhmm

I suppose the alternative was him going back to bed for another 5 years with a bag of coke.

If i ever meet you out and about again I'll tell you the whole Landy story. Basically the court cases at the end of the book, where Brian is so 'cruely' ripped away from the 'lovely' Dr Landy, sort of saved his life. Eugene was ebessling song writing credits, taking production credits for his albums, convincing his he deserved co-writing credits for songs Brian worte years previous...

There is no dbout Landy helped Brian a lot, but at a certain point Landy was just taking the piss.

I *love* the way Mike Love is portryed in that book but, 'Don't Fuck with the Formula!"

'Palimpsest' by Gore Vidal I actually didn't get to finish the last two chapters
because I had to give it back to the owner.
He's related to Al gore and it's an interesting perspective into politics
also some interesting bits about Jacky Kennedy who was a cousin of his.

Also 'Lady Sings the Blues' can't remember who it's by, about Billy Holiday
really sad book very short and to the point which I liked.
It's mad that Billy's mother was only like 12 or thirteen when she had her.

Pantone247 said:
ooooooohhhhh he so DID NOT write that! Dr Eugene Landy baiscally wrote it.

well so I say anyhow

actually maybe .5% of it he worte, like the bits that go, at the end of a chapter about his crippling coke use, the disolution of his marriage and the alienation of his daughters, "gee that was a funny week!"

Still a rapid book but
aye a very entertaining read is that but of dubious origin

Have a nice day is an absolutly fantastic book, whether a person is into wrestling or not won't change the fact that it's well written, interesting and pretty funny. His second book foley is Good is very good aswell.

Music wise,
45 by Bill Drummond, and Be My Baby by Ronnie Spector are great.

Pantone247 said:
With the Band by Pamela De Barres is in The Dublin Book shop for like 23 quid or something, I'd love to read it, but 23 quid... blimey!
TODALLY worth it
where else will you get to read tales of Miss Pamela's slag-ness with:

jim morrison
mick jagger
beefheart touching her up when she was 15
jimmy page
keith moon
+ many more

you can have a loan of it off me - BUT YOU HAVE TO GIVE IT BACK! It's one of my most treasured posessions.

hQFi40KwLzLo7ermKkaeZ+aC0EuWNz5Z+Cwhgz9EBl

spiritualtramp said:
speaking of which , I hate lending people books and they never give them back . the bastards .
My worst experience with lending a person books was this
stupid bitch who I used to work with, I arrived up to dublin
loaded up with my xmas batch of books all waiting to be read by
me and lent two of them to this girl, who left the company two days later
never to be heard of again aaaaghh I don't mind as much when I have
read them.

spiritualtramp said:
speaking of which, I hate lending people books and they never give them back
Ah, but you come by some interesting books that way. A couple of good books I've read came to me by way of a loan, but the lender didn't know who they belonged to. Then I lent them to someone else - bye bye

Forgot about this one. As any science weenie knows, Richard Feynman's autobiogs, starting with "Surely you're joking Mr Feynman", are really good reads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back