Autobiographies (1 Viewer)

spiritualtramp said:
I heart autobiographies . they are way better than biographies , in my opinion .

which ones are worth reading ?
Simon Cowell's I don't mean to be rude, but...:The Story of American Idol is truly a work of autobiographical wonder. Not a dependent clause to be found from start to finish!

Recommended.

spiritualtramp said:
I heart autobiographies . they are way better than biographies , in my opinion .

which ones are worth reading ?

George 'Mr Sulus' Taki's one 'To The Stars' is very good.. and no this ain't a smart ass 'ironic' reply, he was interned by the US as an asian child during WW2, was Major of San Francisco and even developed their metro system too. Also the bitching about Shattner is gold!

Pantone247 said:
George 'Mr Sulus' Taki's one 'To The Stars' is very good.. and no this ain't a smart ass 'ironic' reply, he was interned by the US as an asian child during WW2, was Major of San Francisco and even developed their metro system too. Also the bitching about Shattner is gold!
that sounds quite interesting . must look out for that one .

spiritualtramp said:
that sounds quite interesting . must look out for that one .
I think the most recent biog I've read was Barbara Windsor's (don't ask). By approx page 45 she has had 4 abortions. Wonderful stuff so it is.

kirstie said:
I think the most recent biog I've read was Barbara Windsor's (don't ask). By approx page 45 she has had 4 abortions. Wonderful stuff so it is.

haha . dirtspillers are just great .

I read one by ronald reagans left wing , pot smoking daughter called "family secrets" . It was sooo bitchy . I loved it .

spiritualtramp said:
haha . dirtspillers are just great .

I read one by ronald reagans left wing , pot smoking daughter called "family secrets" . It was sooo bitchy . I loved it .
Hollywood ones are great as well, such as 'you'll never make love in this town again' which tells many tales of 5 hour sex marathons with the dead guy from 3's company in doorways (before he was dead, natch), some famous guys scat obsession and loads of stuff about don simpson (of jerry bruckheimer and don simpson producing fame)

I might dawdle to chapters this weekend to see if I can pick up Swan by Naomi Campbell
I'd imagine it's a fabillis read.

It's Good To Be The King... Sometimes - Jerry Lawler
Bobby The Brain - Bobby Heenan
Have A Nice Day - Mick Foley

Everyone should read Have A Nice Day. Classy book.

pete said:
It's Good To Be The King... Sometimes - Jerry Lawler
Bobby The Brain - Bobby Heenan
Have A Nice Day - Mick Foley

Everyone should read Have A Nice Day. Classy book.
how did I know you would post wrestling books here ?

I must be psychic .

"Rimbaud" by Graham Robb - its the newest one and the best one, downright deviant in places.

Theres a recent Charles Baudelaire bio out too - don`t know who wrote it, more of a strange character then any other 19th century writer, bar the Marquis De Sade.

"Lou Reed" by Victor Bockeris, same guy wrote the Andy Wharhol bio which is`nt that good i thought.

Think theres a Aliester Crowley bio out there which should be pretty interesting - a mad client also..

spiritualtramp said:
I love that one . it is pretty fucked up .

ooooooohhhhh he so DID NOT write that! Dr Eugene Landy baiscally wrote it.

well so I say anyhow

actually maybe .5% of it he worte, like the bits that go, at the end of a chapter about his crippling coke use, the disolution of his marriage and the alienation of his daughters, "gee that was a funny week!"

Still a rapid book but

With the Band by Pamela De Barres is in The Dublin Book shop for like 23 quid or something, I'd love to read it, but 23 quid... blimey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back