Aussies through (1 Viewer)

Winty

Website
Visit site
What a class game against Croatia. They're a decent side and played some nice football. Croatia are fairly poor though really.
Graham Poll booked one lad three times.

their second round game against Italy will be interesting. theyre fairly burly dudes - I wonder how well the italians will respond to further physical beatings.

I hope well.

I fancy Ghana could "do" Italy. Good few of those Italians will be wondering if they've still got a club in Serie A next season.

As for the blind love of Brazil. Fucking hilarious comment by the commentator on RTE. With Brazil 2-1 up and Brazil playing some exhibition stuff he said something like, "...ooh, even the Japanese fans would love to see Brazil put on a show here."

Yeah? The Japanese want to see their own team spanked by the Harlem Globe Trotters of football, do they? Fuck that shit. The BBC and co keep beating their meat to the samba beat, let's hope RTE ain't gonna join in.

The standard of refereeing at the World Cup is quite impressive. I particularly like the new FIFA directive which states that a player must be booked 3 times before being sent off. I doubt any Irish league official is good enough to count to 3 before doing this though, so it will probably stay at 2 yellow cards = a red in Ireland. It's a good thing the biggest football tournament in the world has such quality officials they can do this though.

Cormcolash said:
The standard of refereeing at the World Cup is quite impressive. I particularly like the new FIFA directive which states that a player must be booked 3 times before being sent off. I doubt any Irish league official is good enough to count to 3 before doing this though, so it will probably stay at 2 yellow cards = a red in Ireland. It's a good thing the biggest football tournament in the world has such quality officials they can do this though.

haha yeah. Seems the occasion got to Mr Poll and he lost track of the game. And it looks like he'll be sent home thanks to this performance. Stinger.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5108722.stm

that's the end of graham "he's the only englishman who doesn't want to see england do well, because he could referee the final if england aren't in it" poll's fifa career. shame really, a decent ref.

them aussies are criminals and meatheads tho. mind you, so are the croats. funny watching simunic walk away, as if he was about to walk off the pitch til he realised... and harry was cleary offside for the goal.. the lads in teh studio saying "that was one of the best games of the world cup so far" just to rub it in that we'd been watching ronaldo mcdonaldo and the breakfast rolls take on the what looked like teh japanese under 12's.

ah well, good to see the fat man smile again. i was worried about him there.

from the guardian

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]GRAHAM POLL'S DIARY: FRIDAY JUNE 23, 2006

7.34am
Wake from sound night's sleep when alarm rings. My, it's early. Yawn! Never mind; rising with the lark keeps the old brain sharp. Time to rise and shine. Get up off floor and clamber into bed.

7.35am
No, that's not right. Get out of bed.

7.37am
Shower and shave. Then get dressed. Shorts on: check. Shirt on: check. Whistle in pocket: check. Notebook: check. Pencil: check. Green, orange and purple cards: check, check, check. Pull on pair of socks.

7.41am
Pull on pair of socks.

7.42am
Pull on pair of socks.

7.43am
Bah! Shoes don't fit! What's going on here? Oh to hell with it. Decide to make some breakfast.

10.08am
Carve the meat. Settle down and polish off delicious morning repast of roast beef, two veg, Yorkshire pud and lashings of thick custard.

10.31am
Sit down in chair to watch TV.

10.55am
Wonder why TV is not working.

11.01am
Turn chair round to face TV. Ah that's better. But the TV's talking about me! "We had a first in the history of the World Cup," says Fifa president Sepp Blatter. "Unfortunately, when a player received three yellow cards, this is a little bit too much." None of that lip, son! You're booked! Show TV orange card.

11.03am
TV doesn't stop backchat. "We have had four officials and what is not understandable is that nobody intervened. One of them should have intervened and run on to the field and said, 'Stop, stop'." Grrrr! Show TV five more orange cards and a green.

11.04am
TV plays on regardless. "In terms of the referee, this will be analysed. I place my trust in the referees' committee. I think they have enough tact to deal with this case." Alright, son, you've made your point, but now you've gone too far. Show TV three green cards and 17 purples. Any more of this and you're off! I mean it!

11.05am
Have totally lost control of the TV. "We should not forget that Graham Poll in previous matches achieved fantastic things. Of course, we cannot excuse it but we should understand it."

11.07am
Help! Living room descends into anarchy. Book chair, sofa, occasional table (four times), mirror and corner unit. Finally lose patience with TV and show green, purple and orange cards all at once to make a big brown card. An early bath for you!

11.08am
Run bath.

11.13am
Put TV in bath.
11.14am
Jump in car with square wheels. Drive to train station to catch flight home.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

strewth....that aussie goalie is a flaming gallah!

ok ok ok you knoe ehst i fucking hate the world cup. i said it beforfe. but ill say this; oz should have ownwon against italy. those pasta-eating fuckers rovvbed us of the right to win that match. im never eating parsta again.

and yes ai am driunki and yes i did hjust get home from the match. fucking italy

La La said:
you kno waht? fuk that. youre jealuos of all our gdo weather and nice pscle. ozzz foereber, i love it nd i brt you wnat my pasport

paulhogan2_narrowweb__200x344.jpg

I felt slightly sorry for the aussies till they went live to the outback bar on Parnell Street. Italian bloke was all 'we didn't play well, Australia are a great team and they didn't deserve to loose, but that's football'. Then cut to loads of aussie rugby fans shitting on about the ref destroying the game of football in australia and giving out to the humble Italian bloke about olympic diving.

Stick to egg chasing and date rape chaps.

I'm really glad the Aussies are out. They win enough in other sports and it'd make fuck all difference to them if they did really well in the World Cup.

Glad the Ukraine won last night.

Stan Bowles said:
I felt slightly sorry for the aussies till they went live to the outback bar on Parnell Street. Italian bloke was all 'we didn't play well, Australia are a great team and they didn't deserve to loose, but that's football'. Then cut to loads of aussie rugby fans shitting on about the ref destroying the game of football in australia and giving out to the humble Italian bloke about olympic diving.

Stick to egg chasing and date rape chaps.

Nations who call it 'soccer' shouldn't even be in the last 16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back