Audiobooks (2 Viewers)

Umfufu

Wouldn't mind getting a few for the iPod.
Any recommendations of great books well read by great people?

I have a ton of HP Lovecraft stuff that I listened to before I sleep. Theres a great version of Shadow over Innsmouth and The Dunwich Horror. I also have some MR James Stuff and more Sherlock Holmes than you can fit in a Hanson cab...

I was going to do a megaupload link for the Lovecraft for another site I can post link here if you want..

I am America and so can YOU!
by Stephen Colbert.If you like him you'll love this.

I listen to lecture series from the Teaching Company, some are great, some not so much

I got his box set there a few years ago.
With that guy's delivery he's someone you'd recommend on audio rather than traditional.

I would third this suggestion. I have 2 of his box sets and his delivery completely makes the stories. I would go audio over paper with hm each time. I was listening to these while walking to work and I would laugh aloud to have people staring at me. Hilarious stuff.

Also Topic of Cancer by Henry Miller read by Campbell Scott is a good one. Although, you might need to be a girl to appreciate some of those lines coming off his tongue. Holy hell.

Some quality suggestions guys.
Thanks.

Big Stephen Fry fan so I'll definitely be checking those out.

I have a ton of HP Lovecraft stuff that I listened to before I sleep. Theres a great version of Shadow over Innsmouth and The Dunwich Horror. I also have some MR James Stuff and more Sherlock Holmes than you can fit in a Hanson cab...

I was going to do a megaupload link for the Lovecraft for another site I can post link here if you want..

At The Mountains of Madness is pretty good too.. I'll have to get the shadow over innsmouth, one of my favorite H.P. stories!

....it didn't seem to be an analogy for racism when I was younger... :(

At The Mountains of Madness is pretty good too.. I'll have to get the shadow over innsmouth, one of my favorite H.P. stories!

....it didn't seem to be an analogy for racism when I was younger... :(

I don't mind fish people but i don't want them over here taking our jobs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back