Attention-Anyone who likes AGAINST ME! (1 Viewer)

Stanto

Website
Visit site
I was in city discs yesterday lookin through the secondhand a-d section and came across the new against me album with the lion on the cover, its only 10euro. Just to let you know in case ya want it, its still there.

New album is fucking awful and im not one of them "you sold out" punters, i loved the one before the current one. New Wave is really bad, I thought it might be a grower, but no.

There's usually at least three good songs on each album, but this one's just... Boring.

And that's coming from someone who's big into the weakerthans.

Have you heard the new album? Tis good. Going seeing them in new york in a few weeks.

Nope just fallow, left and leaving and reconstruction site. Unfortunately I have none at the moment because some bollox broke into my flat and stole my laptop a while back.

Whats the new album called? I'll pull it off soulseek

Theres a few songs on new wave that surprisingly grew on me, but mostly its a let down, they're one of my favourite bands but that album is a big disappointment. Still looking forward to seeing them in Belfast again in October!

Theres a few songs on new wave that surprisingly grew on me, but mostly its a let down, they're one of my favourite bands but that album is a big disappointment. Still looking forward to seeing them in Belfast again in October!

so i've given this about 5 more spins and i really really like it. sure its polished but i'd imagine the songs will sound really great when played live and have a bit more of rough edge. when are they playing here again?

parts of it remind me of manic street preachers actually which is not a bad thing in my book.

think new wave is great- much better than searching for a former clarity- too many songs on that, way too much of it boring filler eg. Justin (hate that song!) The opening 6 tracks on new wave are some of the best songs against me! have done since Reinventing Axl Rose, album takea a bit of a downturn from there, but americans abroad is a good tune. I can't wait to see em in october- they were amazing when i saw them at roskilde this summer- when they finished people were going absolutely fucking mental for an encore and since strike anywhere had given one earlier, we thought we'd get one, then the announcer came out to ssay against me! were officially finished but everyone just went fucking ape and drowned her out over her mic and she had to go backstage cos she literally couldn't be heard with all the screaming..she gave it 10 minutes, came back and everyone finally accepted against me! would be playing no more songs. never seen anything like it though- people were ready to lynch that poor girl and the band!

Also the weakerthans are fooking great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back