ATT Those who intend to vote YES to NICE (2 Viewers)

"the sinn féin answer is standard: no one has a monopoly on suffering, all deaths are regrettable, and what's more the i.r.a. recently did apologise. etc etc etc."

It may be standard, ie they say it all the time, but it is a damned true answer to make.

Choco, yer man was convicted of having an illegal gun, yes. But, to put that in context, as you suggest we do (and quite rightly so, quite rightly) he was arrested in the company of a group of men carrying a variety of weapons. One of the men admitted that they were on their way to a punishment beating.
That's the story I heard on the news.

As far I perceive/understand it, SF in the north claim to be a lefty people's party, in opposition to the right-wing, authoritarian, (former) ruling elite of the unionists.
In the Republic they sell themselves as tough guys willing to take on the dirty job of cleaning up the areas where other politicians fear to tread. It's widely acknowledged that sometimes this amounts to viglilante action.

maybe thats true, i dunno. Ive been in sinn fein down here for the past year and no-one in our cumman has that attitude. Im the rep for the cuige, and the vigilante attitude doesnt prevail there either.

Maybe 10 years ago that was the case, but it certainly isnt anymore.

Dont forget, one or two people dont represent all of sinn fein .. a political party can be responsible for everything its members do. What will sinn fein do about the boyos in question, i dont know. still, it doesnt take away from the hard fact that there is a very delicate game being played out right now and it could go either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back