assigning samples to midi keyboard (1 Viewer)

the NNXT advanced sampler in Reason 3.0 is what I use. You can load wavs into it and play them across say, 4 octaves with it adjusting the pitch accordingly. Great for live stuff and like everything in reason its really really simple to get your head around...

You might find something useful here. Theres some free stuff thats pretty good. Dont know if they have what you need but its worth a look.

i hate midi and soundcards and things. bah

having awful trouble trying to get different apps to run with each other properly.
can only set up vegas to record straight line in, when i actually want it to record the output of native instruments guitar rig (which is fucking amazing)
the option i have is record as clean di, then afterwards apply guitar rig to it, but i want to be able to perform the recordings with the fx in place. and i can't. like, guitar rig can run as a stand alone app, and i can hear it perfectly, but vegas still only records the clean signal. someone come over and set it up for me

using an audigy 2 zs. asio drivers. and me. and it's all shite

dudley said:
i hate midi and soundcards and things. bah

having awful trouble trying to get different apps to run with each other properly.
can only set up vegas to record straight line in, when i actually want it to record the output of native instruments guitar rig (which is fucking amazing)
the option i have is record as clean di, then afterwards apply guitar rig to it, but i want to be able to perform the recordings with the fx in place. and i can't. like, guitar rig can run as a stand alone app, and i can hear it perfectly, but vegas still only records the clean signal. someone come over and set it up for me

i know nothing about this vegas thing... could you not do something like run your guitar into an auxillary channel and send the signal to an audio track for recording? or record a clean signal but have the guitar rig inserted on the audio track so you can still hear as you play?

as said, the two samplers in reason are good for this (although, reason ain't free, and it's a lot of extra weight if you just want a sampler).

are you using a VST host? you could check out computer music magazine, they always give away a bunch of software, and i'm pretty sure they've got a sampler in their CM-x0x suite of stuff.

dudley said:

Dudley, I recommend installing Kx drivers...they drive my crappy Audigy card a lot more efficiently than the ASIO driver, and they're free...
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

They can be hard work routing the audio after you install them but once you do the puter works a lot quicker.

As for your GuitarRig problem, I'm not familiar with Vegas...but if you use Cubase to record as it allows you to listen to the processed sound as your playing along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back