ARTIC MONKEYS SUCK (2 Viewers)

arctic_monkey.jpg

???????????????????????????

What are yee talkin about? Is this some band or something?

Oh well it is just a whole load of marketing shit. Saw one of their videos somewhere and it was filmed in one of those really raw and realistic buzzes, show that they are they real deal and all, my bollox.

They just sound like really shitty bands that were from my surrounding neighbourhood when I was 16.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
What's all this i hear about them being a manufactured band...?

Aren't the Hives are manufactured as well? I heard it's either Max Martin or yer man out of Abba who writes all their songs for them.

Tubby Tucker said:
Aren't the Hives are manufactured as well? I heard it's either Max Martin or yer man out of Abba who writes all their songs for them.

They they had three records out before anyone knew who they were.Label name escapes me at present.Hives are amazing but not as amazing as the Hellacopters.

Arctic Monkeys are grand.Whats the problem,its just a bunch of sing along pop songs.Who cares if they are,which I doubt,manufactured.I would rather hear that on the radio than Westlife etc..

There are far, far worse bands around. I don't see what the fuss is? If you don't like them don't listen to them. Why do people insist on obsessing about the perceived negative aspects of bands they don't like rather than the positive ones of those they do. Cheer up.

brian.html said:
They they had three records out before anyone knew who they were.Label name escapes me at present.Hives are amazing but not as amazing as the Hellacopters.
Sidekicks which was a sub of Burning Heart.

Tubby Tucker said:

dont know about the song writing, but they were put together as a manufactured band.

The manufactured thing has come about because there are no songwriting credits on the record, but reporters investigated and all the royalties are paid to the lead singer. It was the same deal with the hives because all the songs were credited to Randy Fitzimons, who the band originally claimed was there svengali, but who was in fact the guitarist.

I got the Artics Mokeys CD at the weekend, I think its great, good indie pop record. The more popular a band gets, the 'cooler' it is to diss them, boooooooring.

brian.html said:

Hellacopters are deadly all right. They were kind enough to play in Dublin the night after my wedding. Not kind enough however to let us play support in honour of the occasion .... Good gig though.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Sidekicks which was a sub of Burning Heart.
yeah but wasnt it that "poptones" label that got them into the public eye? released a compilation of stuff they'd done up to that point?

i really like the hives but the last album wasn't very good

matlock said:
There are far, far worse bands around. I don't see what the fuss is? If you don't like them don't listen to them. Why do people insist on obsessing about the perceived negative aspects of bands they don't like rather than the positive ones of those they do. Cheer up.

Cos they're hyped to f**k and when people check them out the response is generally - "What's all the fuss about".
I can't remember a band being this hyped ever... not even Menswear came close :D
In saying that I'd rather hear the arctic monkeys on the radio than most of the muck that gets played.

Actually - I quite like the idea of the Arctic Monkeys, as I do much of this new wave of British Indie. That is the idea - the concept of a Mike Skinner of the north. The execution however is a whole other fucking story with most of these bands operating off a palette that sounds like they have a record collection consisting of no more than 30 records mostly dominated by the later Ocean Colour Scene albums, and a scattering of the Jam and multiple copies of My Sharona.

tim said:
Oh well it is just a whole load of marketing shit. Saw one of their videos somewhere and it was filmed in one of those really raw and realistic buzzes, show that they are they real deal and all, my bollox.

the video that was supposed to look like they were on the old grey whistle test?

MONDOBRUTALE said:
the video that was supposed to look like they were on the old grey whistle test?

I tested an old grey whistle once.
It was cool but I wouldnt do it again.
Have ever tested an old grey whistle Andrew?

um of course - have you not seen my collection of vintage whistles?
nothing after '80 for me. lots of people reckon you can't tell the difference between the reissued whistles and the vintage shit - they just don't know what they're hearing though

big whistle fan

MONDOBRUTALE said:
um of course - have you not seen my collection of vintage whistles?
nothing after '80 for me. lots of people reckon you can't tell the difference between the reissued whistles and the vintage shit - they just don't know what they're hearing though

big whistle fan

Im with you.
I only use valve whistles myself.

To answer your question you should defintely bring your whistle head on Sunday and plug into a 4x12 whistle cab if only to hear what your new whistle sounds like through your whistle rig.

Alan Remorse said:
yeah but wasnt it that "poptones" label that got them into the public eye? released a compilation of stuff they'd done up to that point?
This is true, Alan Magee's label. The point myself and brian were making though was that they were going for years before they had any amount of interest, so to suggest they're manufactured or that they were put together like some sort of pop band is pretty dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back