Arthur Russell Film Screening, Thursday at 4 Dame Lane (1 Viewer)

Night Flight

▲ NIGHTFLIGHT presents

Wild Combination
A Portrait of Arthur Russell
Thursday 23 October, 7pm / €5
Upstairs at 4 Dame Lane, Dublin 2

Working under the name ‘Loose Joints’ he constructed two of the biggest ever Downtownsounds/52FUNK anthems, ‘Is It All Over My Face?’ and the utterly sublime ‘Tell You Today’. He also ran a rather legendary New York dance label called Sleeping Bag, collaborated with the likes of Philip Glass and Allen Ginsberg, created a whole sheaf of amazing, outer space ambient music and once said 'In outer space, you can't take your drums. You take your mind', which is pretty deep if you think about it.

This film is a long overdue look at a major, major artist.

Wild Combination explores the compelling cultural history of New York in the 1970s and ’80s, the experience of being gay and confronting AIDS, and the cathartic process of making art and pursuing popular success at a time when those goals were mutually attainable. Director Matt Wolf incorporates rare archival footage and commentary from Arthur’s family, friends and closest collaborators (including Philip Glass and Allen Ginsberg) and offers an engrossing visual language to bring Russell’s music to life, and to help bring some long-overdue attention to this ground-breaking artist.

Upcoming at Nightflight at Button Factory

Friday October 31st - Fancy Dress Halloween Party
Friday 7 November - Benway, Louche, Doug Cooney
Friday 14 November - DJ Battle Night
Friday 21 November - Website & Podcast Launch Party)
Friday 28nd November - Tobi Neumann, Ian Bright

Yeh I'm going to this, whats the story with the times? Is the film on at 7 or is that when I start queuing up?

Also, is that how you spell "queuing"? It looks completely wrong.

There we are then. I'll still miss it. Hope the rest of you enjoy it, I thought it was brilliant. Will there be any music or anything if I show up at 9? I don't want to pay in though.

I've just been listening to this.

333.jpg

'tis nice.

http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/105312

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back