Art (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (250)

Since 2000
You know the way farts could be interpreted as being musical to some extent? What I want to know is are they art? Is fart art?

I suppose you could like, sample one on a keyboard, and then, like, play popcorn on it or something?

hag said:
You know the way farts could be interpreted as being musical to some extent? What I want to know is are they art? Is fart art?

yeah, but in it's simplest form, as in "parrrrmph", is fart art? this is a very fundamental question which will highlight perople's appreciate of art in general. i would like everyone to post their opinion on this, no matter how trivial it may seem to you. and based on your answers, i will compile my ignore list.

broken arm said:
my plectrum is my charcoal - FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF? what was the point in saying that? i'm actually being very serious. you're a grumpy bastard. i bet you're not even into objectifying women.

hag said:
yeah, but in it's simplest form, as in "parrrrmph", is fart art? this is a very fundamental question which will highlight perople's appreciate of art in general. i would like everyone to post their opinion on this, no matter how trivial it may seem to you. and based on your answers, i will compile my ignore list.

There was a guy called Le Petomane who, in late 19th century France, was world-renowned for filling music halls for his musical fart shows. Here he is, breaking, um 'world records'.

petomane3.jpg

If you're interested in the anatomy, here's a quick lesson:

frenchfrog.gif

hag said:
FUCK OFF? what was the point in saying that? i'm actually being very serious. you're a grumpy bastard. i bet you're not even into objectifying women.
ha ha. no. it was a two-way conversation with myself imaging two people what aren't actually me having a silly conversation. ye know like.

wink-.jpg

ha ha ha, your post speaks to me on several levels. i love associating things like frogs and onions with the french. i actually call french people onions, pronouncing onions as the french do. how did that guy get actual musical notation to come out of his ass like that? that's astounding. but, bear in mind, just because some french guy did it, it doesn't mean it's art, quite the opposite if the truth be told. so the topic is still open for debate. ok, he's a real mind bender. if art garfunkel farts, is that art fart, fart art, or just a plain old fart?

jane said:
There was a guy called Le Petomane who, in late 19th century France, was world-renowned for filling music halls for his musical fart shows. Here he is, breaking, um 'world records'.

jane said:

If you're interested in the anatomy, here's a quick lesson:

Wasnt this a common practice in the Castle COurts of Medieval Ireland? Seriously though. Pretty sure I read a piece on this in History Ireland or some of them yokes. People who could actually cut one off melodically. I'm sure there's a technical term for it but...

hag said:
so what's the common consensus? is fart art?
of course it is. but only when someone says it is. kinda like noises in the forest only exist when people hear them.

Yes... of course a fart is art.

There was a fella in my brother's year in school... Derek Cahill I think his name was. Anyway, he could aim his farts. Which was an art in itself.

Touching cloth (or the brown turtle head) is avant-garde stuff.

hag said:
so what's the common consensus? is fart art?
Well, I'd say it is.

They affect 2 senses directly (audio & smell) and then the funny bone indirectly. Could you imagine a world without farts?

jane said:
I think I remember that issue of History Ireland. It used images from John Derricke's Image Of Ireland from the late 16th century, woodcuts of the Irish nobility feasting while professional farters 'performed'.

Smells like that might be the one.
"Medieval Micks in Bawdy Bunch Shocker" I believe was the headline of the piece.

I'll have something for you on art - well, writing, buh - and assholes in general for you tomorrow. Have it written down somewhere at home and I'm not going to try and remember it at 5 on a Monday. It's vaguely relevant, which is more than enough around this place, it seems.

ok, so let me get this straight, you asked for a forum to talk about farts? aaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha, total lamers!!! see you in the general forum. keep it real you guys, embrace tradition, it will save you.

mendozy said:
I'll have something for you on art - well, writing, buh - and assholes in general for you tomorrow. Have it written down somewhere at home and I'm not going to try and remember it at 5 on a Monday. It's vaguely relevant, which is more than enough around this place, it seems.
well, excuse me, ms. high brow jones!!! all contributions welcome, as long as there's some reference to the expulsion of 'pooey' air from the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back