Art School Confidential (1 Viewer)

A ha! I was about to ask does anyone who has been to art college like it. Fecking art college...

he did like bits of it..like when they are reviewing the art..from what i gather he hears a lot of wanky interpretations of crappy art..

I've done the Art College thing and the familiarity thing is what I laughed at/ cringed at the most.
The scene at the dinner table where the auntie suggests the thing (I cant really remember) was so familiar it was almost unbareable.
"Ian you can draw, you could draw (insert mundane suggestion) then you'd make some money, that would be good, would'nt it"

I've had Ice Haven for months now, and have still yet to read it.
Gotta love the daniel clowes

Saw this last night. From a promising beginning it quickly descended into a big bag of bollox. It seems once they'd plundered all the gags from the comic that they had eff all else they could say or do. The DVD extras are interesting, especially what John Malkovich has to say about the finished product and the audience reaction.

deadly movie. reminded me a lot of what a spa i was when i was in first year at art college.

Reasons I like this movie (spoilers)

-The dumbass teen comedy montage when all the students arrive to start college
-John Malcovich talking about his shit triangles paintings "It's taken me 20YEARS to get to this stage"
-The cynical drunk psycho bitching about "cocksucking"
-The Cop Jock's outsider art "it's like he's never seen another painting before!"
-The dropouts final submission (a pair of tits drawn on a foolscap page)
-The bullshit talk from all the other art students at various points

They're funny but could have all fit into a short film. He might have been better off doing 2 or 3 shorts and releasing them together. I wonder if Clowes' work will ever get cinematic treatment again.

only saw this last night. not overly mad about it; certainly not as good as Ghostworld / Crumb; but lots of nice one-liners here and there. malkovich is cool and a nice cameo from Jim Broadbent. i kinda liked the murder mystery/teen movie/highschool romcom elements, though on paper that looks like a film I'd run a mile from.

american-splendor.jpg

This is one of my favourite films evah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back