Arnocops/Complan/RSXS - Dublin Sat 8 July (1 Viewer)

damien

Since 2000
GZ present

ArnoCorps (San Francisco)
Complan
Re-kill Satan Xtreme Syphilis

+ Midnight Metal Dance-Off!

Saturday 8 July, 9.30pm
Players Bar, Dalymount Park, Phibsboro
(buses: 10 | 120 | 19 | 19A | 38 | 38A | 38B | 38C | 39N | 83. Maps/Directions))

Admission €6 / €5 in Arnie-themed fancy dress

ArnoCorps

120616744_l.jpg

It should come as no surprise that the pioneers of Action-Adventure Hardcore Rock and Roll claim to be The Greatest Band of All Time. Sincetheir 2001 arrival in the burgeoning San Francisco Bay Area music scene, ArnoCorps has paved a steady, disciplined and often destructive path to ensure that all those who bear witness to their live Action Adventure Audio Assault agree with their ballsy assertion.

Initially, one might perceive ArnoCorps as merely a group of six highly trained militant Austrian action-rock heroes. Big mistake. The motivation behind the band is far too complex to be defined by such superficial characteristics. Inspired by the ancient heroic lore and mythology of the Austrian Alpine communities, the content of ArnoCorps music carries on their homeland's sacred tradition of telling stories of great deeds and fantastic adventures through song. As such, the band has been singularly responsible for restoring integrity to the many Austrian tales that have been bastardized for cinematic exploitation throughout their lifetimes.

The principles of the action-adventure lifestyle are defined in ArnoCorps music in a way that has never been heard before. Beyond the distinctively accented delivery of lead vocalist Holzfeuer, ArnoCorps' sound is defined by a unique band arrangement of Heroic Symmetry. The two guitars of Vielmehr Klampfe and Barakuda are counterbalanced by the two basses of Toten Adler and Der Wölf, while the critically acclaimed drumming of Gellend Adler provides the backbone of the band.

ArnoCorps' explosive live performance doesn't depend on pyrotechnics or lighting effects to create excitement. The band's pure physicality has qualified them to be featured in SF's World's Deadliest Bands annual showcase two years running. Still, there is no need to fear ArnoCorps. They are a rescue team, not assassins. ArnoCorps performances have evolved to the point where attendees are no longer merely observers, but willing participants in a life-changing event. Many audience members claim to leave with increased muscle mass, a better understanding of life's mysteries and feeling like "goddamn heroes."

Welcome to the world of ArnoCorps, The Greatest Band of All Time. The long awaited full-length album has been released by Great Britian's Anticulture Records, to be supported by a Summer 2006 European tour. See you at the party!

"Musically the band sound like a beefed-up Turbonegro with an ominous edge, fronted by an Austrian death metal vocalist. "The Greatest..." showcases the band's unique vision that places them somewhere in the hinterland where rock meets metal - and despite being a bunch of complete (and probably dangerous) loonies, this is a victorious debut."
METAL HAMMER
January 2006

"... a work of deranged sublime genius."
TERRORIZER Magazine
January 2006

Arnocorps Home Myspace

fan_RonJeremy.jpg

Er I don't think Ron will be actually there Polita, so you will have to buy

to help your sexual ideas for you and her :(

yeah, but pissed punks do, and they love cheesy metal.

Er I don't think Ron will be actually there Polita, so you will have to buy

to help your sexual ideas for you and her
ahhh ha ha ha thats gas ........whats it like to be in a long distance relationship politikill....... is that image gettin to yer winkly veins- how the tables have turned. 2 weeks till my empty sack.
whats good for the goose ......IS GOOD FOR THE FECKIN GANDER

Daniel said:
I'm sure Deftones will be over by 11. Go to the gig then. Do it.
i am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

CORMAC!!!!! keep an eye on your phone tomorrow night, i'll text you when i get out of deftones to find out if there's any point going up to arnocorps.

Arnocorps are absolutely fucking amazing. Gig in Galway was mental, gig in Belfast tonight was unfuckinbelievable. Possibly the best gig I've ever seen. Crowd left me speechless, over 250 people there, fucking incredible!

Liadain, I'll try and keep an eye on my phone, but it will be quite difficult as there will be a heeeeellllllllll of a lot of rocking out to do.

ravishinrikrude said:
ahhh ha ha ha thats gas ........whats it like to be in a long distance relationship politikill....... is that image gettin to yer winkly veins- how the tables have turned. 2 weeks till my empty sack.
whats good for the goose ......IS GOOD FOR THE FECKIN GANDER

It's a rotten buzz.

Another 6 weeks but your bird will be emptying my one balled sac aswell n all n anyways

Cormcolash said:
Arnocorps are absolutely fucking amazing. Gig in Galway was mental, gig in Belfast tonight was unfuckinbelievable. Possibly the best gig I've ever seen. Crowd left me speechless, over 250 people there, fucking incredible!

Liadain, I'll try and keep an eye on my phone, but it will be quite difficult as there will be a heeeeellllllllll of a lot of rocking out to do.

We want pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back