Are Modeselektor secret skangers??? (1 Viewer)

Jasper

Don't know if many people have heard previews of the new Modeselektor album "Happy Birthday". Good album with some really outstanding tunes but there is one track called "Hyper Hyper" with Otto Van Shirach on it that has to be heard to believed - pure skanger trance!!! Really really horrible stuff. I 'm pretty sure that there's a shoutout to Scooter at the start as well!! Jaysus......................
:confused:

If ya can't appreciate Hyper Hyper on some level then there's something wrong with ya..

It's like Jumpstyle - that amazing Begian dance stuff.

Nah, i don't know. It has a pure Gatecrasher style synth motif the whole way through it that just wrecks it for me! On the other hand, 'Black Block' or 'The Dark Side Of The Sun' is as good as anything else they've done.

1990s trance seems to be the current bench mark for all thats unhip and uncool musically - which usually means only one thing

ITS ABOUT TO BECOME TRENDY AGAIN

Mode selector are just ahead of de game

Handy for me cos I've millions of totally unsellable twelves about to become rare gems imitated and covered by the NME hugged darlings of next years "new trance" scene - roll on...

YEAH - OK thats it - nothing but Petit prince, Sven Vath, hardfloor and Dagg and Alan on de radio next week!

kp

Don't know if many people have heard previews of the new Modeselektor album "Happy Birthday". Good album with some really outstanding tunes but there is one track called "Hyper Hyper" with Otto Van Shirach on it that has to be heard to believed - pure skanger trance!!! Really really horrible stuff. I 'm pretty sure that there's a shoutout to Scooter at the start as well!! Jaysus......................
:confused:

its a piss take......!

According to the Hot Press review, the new album ain't so hot. Hope thats not true.

is that hot press still going / anyone paying any attention to it.

Handy for me cos I've millions of totally unsellable twelves about to become rare gems imitated and covered by the NME hugged darlings of next years "new trance" scene - roll on...

kp

i have a ultra sonic 12 " floating around somewhere.
new trance ? neo eurohardcore. have the klaxons done a scooter cover ?

i am waiting for the members of mayday to reform or maybe Marusha to make a come back.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We want to sing a big shout to US, and to all ravers in the world!
...And to Westbam, Marusha, Steve Mason, The Mystic Man, DJ Dick,
Carl Cox, The Hooligan, Cosmic, Kid Paul, Dag, Mike VanDike,
Jens Lissat, Lenny D., Sven Vath, Mark Spoon, Marco Zaffarano,...
Hell, Paul Elstac, Mate Galic, Roland Casper, Sylvie, Miss Djax,
Jens Mahlstedt, Tanith, Laurent Garnier, Special, Pascal F.E.O.S.,
Gary D., Scotty, Gizmo,... and to all DJs all over the World!!

Magic lad magic - I'm getting all excited just reading the last post but its difficult to type with the white gloves on and the glow stick is proving very distracting

beth dito doing dream frequency - "only yer loving takes me up to the top..."
The Arctic Monkeys tackle Praga Khan's "inject it with a posion"

oh the fun

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

medic!

kp

I think its a deadly album. Lovin 'The White Flash' featuring Thom Yorke.
Modeselektor are rumoured to playing here in September in somewhere like the Tivoli..a remedy gig i think;)

The gigs on on November as far as I know..really looking forward to it.

Took a couple listens but really enjoying this album now...I wouldent give any regard to the opinion of Hot Press on this album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back