Apparat & Dj Godfather @ POGO (1 Viewer)

Paddy Bodytonic

new-header.jpg

3354882.jpg

POGO Present:
APPARAT LIVE
BARRY REDSETTA
+ NIC JAMES & GENIE
+ EOIN CREGAN

16 February

Adv Tickets from http://www.tickets.ie & City Discs.

Pogo's first international club guest of 2008 is Apparat, the Berlin-based producer, musician and label boss. He'll be performing what he describes as a 'rave' show, with his VJ, Transforma, supplying the eye candy. Playing off a laptop with additional hardware, including some custom-made trinkets, you can expect a mix of re-versioned material from the excellent 'Walls' LP, tracks from his 2006 collaboration with Ellen Allien, 'Orchestra of Bubbles' and some older material.

Apparat - aka Sascha Ring - is an erudite, opinionated figure, fond of wearing white trousers. More importantly, he also makes some excellent music. The Shitkatapult label - which he founded with T.Raumschmiere - last year celebrated 10 years of releasing "special music for special people". And Apparat's most recent LP for the label, 'Walls', is one of the loveliest of the lot. A technicolour mix of electro, electronica, odd pop and orchestral sweeps, it stands out as one of 2007's best records. His sparsley-populated appearance at last year's Electric Picnic - where he performed with his three-piece live band - was one of the festival's lesser-noted delights.
Despite previously declaring himself "bored" with techno ("It feels like I have heard everything already. I just can't be excited about any minimal or tech-housey tunes anymore"), he also found time to make an excellent album of minimal and tech-housey tunes with Ellen Allien, 2006's 'Orchestra Of Bubbles'. Indeed, it seems this successful project inspired the partial return to dancefloor material. "Was it a positive experience? I'd say everything which doesn't make me feel depressed - and a lot of things make me feel depressed - is positive.
Playing with Ellen was pretty cool. Actually, it's hard to play alone again now. You feel kind of lonely on stage. It's fun to play things like I Love Techno - big stages are an experience, but I rather play small clubs with big soundsystems."

Catch Apparat playing on the big soundsystem in the small POGO Live room on February 16.

Apparat in action:
a clip of his live set-up in 2006, playing some 'Walls'-type material:
YouTube - APPARAT - live @ Supperclub [partI]

Apparat in Spain last november:
YouTube - Apparat Live @ Nachtdigital10

Apparat in Rome last july:
YouTube - APPARAT LIVE @ DISSONANZE 2007, ROMA 1-6-2007

-----------------------------------------

Also Upcoming...
April 19th - POGO 3rd Birthday
Dj Godfather @ Claro Intelecto
More info to follow...

-----------------------------------------

POGO - 3 Rooms of Music
Saturdays @ POD
Harcourt St, Dublin 2
Doors 11pm
http://www.myspace.com/doyoupogo

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back