Appalling words (3 Viewers)

Was literally about to reply about "dropping" new music. Fucking hate it.

This is Jim Carroll territory. I liked On The Record a few years ago for the furious debates which would ensue in the comments section but now it's basically just Jim and I'm starting to REALLY hate him. Especially his fawning over the way Bowie, "Bruce", "Jigga" (he actually called him that yesterday) have changed "the game" and all that shite ("Such and such release is was/is a game-changer for how things are done in 2013" etc.). He uses so much bullshit new music-related buzzwords he's the journo equivalent of some corporate jackass and the shite they spout about blue-sky thinking and whatnot.

If he's down with the kids and hip and happening then I'm glad to fuck that I'm not.

Wanker.

So confused. I'm going back to work.

Ha, ok, i was referring to the Americanism of saying "I'll write you", "She's been writing me" or whatever. It's missing the object (I'll write you a letter) or the preposition (I'll write to you) and from my point of view is bad English.*

So basically if people can get away with "Write me about it" then I can get away with "Stall it over". Explaining things really takes the fun out of them : (

*God I hope I got my grammar terms correct there.

Ha, ok, i was referring to the Americanism of saying "I'll write you", "She's been writing me" or whatever. It's missing the object (I'll write you a letter) or the preposition (I'll write to you) and from my point of view is bad English.*

So basically if people can get away with "Write me about it" then I can get away with "Stall it over". Explaining things really takes the fun out of them : (

images

"Text"-- should be used like "type"

I typed a letter

ergo-- I texted
None of this "I text him yesterday" bollox

But 'write me about it' is one action. Whereas, stall it over is two. Stall what you are doing and/or come over/go to said place.
It's not that important but it's always bugged me since moving here.

But 'write me about it' is one action. Whereas, stall it over is two. Stall what you are doing and/or come over/go to said place.
It's not that important but it's always bugged me since moving here.

Ah yeah, "Stall it over" is pure slang while "write me" is generally accepted as American English.

I'm in favour of all colloquialisms these days, the more dreadful the better. You only live once that's the motto YOLO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back