this dude doesnt play over here often enough

if i was a promoter
"if sneers the whole thumped brigade in chorus"
i would be doin my darndest to get get this fucker over
guaranteed sellout even at 20 yoyos a head

i presume people are tryin and all
maybe he just doesnt like money
probably happy with a few tabs of acid and a laptop

you obviously didnt hear the one about the guy who was nay a promoter but still managed to bring aphex over, pack out the music centre and dance around on stage with one of the rephlex tour guys dressed as a giant banana spraying the crowd with champers.

now THATS how to put on a gig. .|..| :D

fair play to him
i dont mean real promoters anyway
not like mcd
whats your profession im a promoter

i mean umack things your missin alpharelish whatever
dont post to tell me it is your profession if your involved
here because i dont know

i definitely missed one in tbmc acouple of years ago when i was away

even if id only seen at glasto this year id still wanna see
him in tbmc next month if he was on

thegoone said:
fair play to him
i dont mean real promoters anyway
not like mcd
whats your profession im a promoter

i mean umack things your missin alpharelish whatever
dont post to tell me it is your profession if your involved
here because i dont know

i definitely missed one in tbmc acouple of years ago when i was away

even if id only seen at glasto this year id still wanna see
him in tbmc next month if he was on

he was a bit weak in the tbmc i reckon the last time. played a loada rave classics (eg. sweet harmony) which was nice, but nothing special.

thegoone said:
i want him to play his own music though dude
not dj fuck that

has he ever played live here? i've only seen him live once, and that was in london. he played from inside a very fetching little wendy house, if i remember correctly.

frambosenshmak said:
you obviously didnt hear the one about the guy who was nay a promoter but still managed to bring aphex over, pack out the music centre and dance around on stage with one of the rephlex tour guys dressed as a giant banana spraying the crowd with champers.

now THATS how to put on a gig. .|..| :D

was that the one in the music centre where after the gig all the rephlex lads came to the rave in julianstown or wherever it was. the phex is usually pants when the plays though - he hates it me thinks. although..

he doesnt play live anymore does he. or is that one of the many aphex bullshitisms

ive never seen him boo hoo

i read once about a gig he did
i think it was in england and it was in a garden centre
and everybody was given a set of headphones
you could only hear the music on these presumably radio controlled headphones so nobody could talk

good old rich never one for the norm

thegoone said:
i want him to play his own music though dude
not dj fuck that

id still go all the same

yeah, he played a couple of tracks of druqs (this was a couple of months before it came out), including that one that goes "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffffffffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...."

i was impressed at the time

but i think anyone whos seen him dj in the last year has been truely flabbergasted. except prehaps the bjork fans who he pissed off with his smojphace sets

while white rabbit is making a wish list of electronica
why not try and get in touch with aphex and autechre
they both are overdue a fucked up faces night out in eire

thegoone said:
why not try and get in touch with aphex and autechre
they both are overdue a fucked up faces night out in eire

not very likely - autechre wont play live anymore apparently. gescom maybe. seen aphex many times but some of the gigs involved travelling long distances. anybody experience the aphex sonar set - still find it hard to sleep many years later. i reckon there is more 'fresh blood' worth checking out.

ae didnt surprise anybody by not playing atp.

i dont know what defetist means and ive know idea about white rabbits but i like your intent. id like to see ae as much the next freak but i did hear they said no more live gigs, maybe gescom. its probably something to do with authenticated control, but never say never i suppose.

Hello all
I was thinking of booking Aphex (oh yes, it's possible, especially if you're booking some other Rephlex acts), but then I realised that every eejit who's heard Windowlicker will get a ticket, and that leaves less tickets for the people who want to see Plaid, Max Tundra, Mira Calix, all the Irish acts, etc. So I've decided against asking him to play. I think it's sensible.

By the way, anyone interested in a wicked lineup should check out my post about the white.rabbit festival in february. *plug plug* It's SO happening. Plaid, Mira Calix, Max Tundra and others have confirmed. Help is needed with fundraising!

Take care

white.rabbit

whiterabbit said:
Hello all
I was thinking of booking Aphex (oh yes, it's possible, especially if you're booking some other Rephlex acts), but then I realised that every eejit who's heard Windowlicker will get a ticket, and that leaves less tickets for the people who want to see Plaid, Max Tundra, Mira Calix, all the Irish acts, etc. So I've decided against asking him to play. I think it's sensible.

By the way, anyone interested in a wicked lineup should check out my post about the white.rabbit festival in february. *plug plug* It's SO happening. Plaid, Mira Calix, Max Tundra and others have confirmed. Help is needed with fundraising!

Take care

white.rabbit
answer: Don't tell anyone. Or rather, just tell people who *care*. I'm sure you'd know where to find them.

ps remember to tell me.

respect on pulling some good/sexy acts. have you venue, insurance, promotion etc. worked out. id does seem a bit short-sighted and frankly odd to not book aphex on the grounds you mentioned. you dont want your event ear-marked as some snob-nosed wank event now do ya ;)

what exactly do you want help with. do you have a website yet.

I hope it all goes well for you and im buying a ticket regardless.

Afx

Well, behind the well-thought-out reasoning I used there, there's another reason: as far as I know, Aphex is fucking expensive. Don't get me wrong - he'd be unbelievable (it IS Aphex we're talking about here) - but the money mightn't stretch. By our calcumalations, the ticket sales should cover most of the costs, but we need to get sponsorship first, to make sure we've got funds to fall back on, for advertising, printing, venue hire etc. and whatever else it'll cover. Anyway, this is all fairly obvious, so I'll shut up my gob now. So that's it really, any help with finding sponsorship would be greatly appreciated. This is a completely independent thing, and we're gonna make it work, dammit!

All the besht (and thanks for the support),

white.rabbit

[[email protected]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back