anyone know a laptop hardware fixerer? (1 Viewer)

Diddles

My brother has been having problems with his laptop inasmuch as he can't charge it.

My other brother had a look at it and ordered him a new battery and new charger. It's still not charging though. He reckons there is problem with the connection inside the computer that links the charger to the battery and that it needs to be soldered.

Does anyone know anybody who could do such a thing for a reasonable price. He doesn't want to bring it pc world.

kthx

My brother has been having problems with his laptop inasmuch as he can't charge it.

My other brother had a look at it and ordered him a new battery and new charger. It's still not charging though. He reckons there is problem with the connection inside the computer that links the charger to the battery and that it needs to be soldered.

Does anyone know anybody who could do such a thing for a reasonable price. He doesn't want to bring it pc world.

kthx

Was the battery on its way out before he started having problems?

Was the battery on its way out before he started having problems?

Not as far as I know. The charger lead was frayed - he thought the dog had been at it but i don't think so - and he rejoined the wires himself. My other brother initially thought he'd fried the battery doing this but he's since got him a new charger and battery and it's still not charging.

I'll pass on that marx place that dudley recommended.

Thanks everybody!

apparently a weak spot in a lot of laptops is where the leads off the incoming power connect onto whatever they connect to. The motherboard I suppose.

you can fix it. You'd want to get a multi meter, and see if there is power actually getting onto the mother board. There should be test points on the mobo for doing this.

there's loads of links like this knocking around :
http://www.uofr.net/~greg/hardware/dell_power_connector/

i work with a lad who's an amazing solderer. er. And is handy with the multimeter. Any electrical engineering type would see you right though probably. Just as long as they dont slobber solder all over the shop.

edit: heh. I just did a search using only the words "soldering" and "laptop". Same power leads problem over and over again.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&q=soldering+laptop&spell=1&cts=1238130528070

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back