Anyone here know much about sampling? (1 Viewer)

Speed Racer

Website
www.c64.com
I'm just wondering what is the most common Sampler software (easiest to use) with Windows. I heard HALion is good. Is it fuck hard to use though. I wanna play samples in realtime on a midi keyboard (as little delay as possible needed). Anyone out there know where I can get samples of Wind Instruments? Ta.|..| .|..| :D

Originally posted by Speed Racer
I'm just wondering what is the most common Sampler software (easiest to use) with Windows. I heard HALion is good. Is it fuck hard to use though. I wanna play samples in realtime on a midi keyboard (as little delay as possible needed). Anyone out there know where I can get samples of Wind Instruments? Ta.|..| .|..| :D

native instruments kontakt is probably the best software sampler on the market at the moment. you should be able to set up zones on your midi keyboard (within the software) to trigger samples. the latency (delay) problem will depend on your cpu speed and you should be able to optimise the settings to give you the best results. as a rule, the higher the polyphony, the slower the software will be to react.

i honestly couldn't tell you about halion, sorry bud. the best bet i'd reckon is to find a users forum on the net like this one:

http://www.soniccontrol.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=22

wind instruments. sprite boy and nine posted a load of links up here before to sites for samples. if they're not still up up i'll have a look.

hope this helps.

herv. :)

Originally posted by Speed Racer

It depens on what exactly do you want?

Do you have a sequencer program?
or do you want a sequencer also?

I would recommend a sequencer that has VSTi plugin support! and you can then use free plug-ins such as SR-202

VSTi plug-ins rock!

sprighty! long time no hear.

eh, is that sr-202 any good? i've see it given away with every music technology magazine imaginable in the last 2 years.

oh, do you know ableton 'live'? one of my friends in germany is one of the developers. its a fucking classy program.

Originally posted by herv
sprighty! long time no hear.

eh, is that sr-202 any good? i've see it given away with every music technology magazine imaginable in the last 2 years.

oh, do you know ableton 'live'? one of my friends in germany is one of the developers. its a fucking classy program.

Been too busy in work! It sucks. Been working on loads techno like!

I got a shit load of Vsti stuff the past few weeks. Does you trackker support Vsti plugins? Including
= Orange Vocoder,
- B4 (Excellent Hammond, Rhodes plugin all the big boys swear by it)
- Reaktor which appears to be more complicated than I thought.

Been too busy in work! It sucks. Been working on loads techno like!

yeah! dirty fucking techno.

i loves it. is that what you do normally? i really only do electro when i'm doing dance music, but thats not that often.

I got a shit load of Vsti stuff the past few weeks. Does you trackker support Vsti plugins?

supports vst, and vsti i think, yeah, i think so.

Including
= Orange Vocoder,
- B4 (Excellent Hammond, Rhodes plugin all the big boys swear by it)

i heard its super as well.

- Reaktor which appears to be more complicated than I thought.

i have it as well... its no doddle. and its so cpu hungry. i can get like one voice of polyphony from an sh101 emulator and then it crashes. get absynth, is supposed to be super. if you can afford it get a real version of reaktor and download the machines from the man trash80 at www.em411.com. they are super, the chap makes some really cool machines. you can run reaktor in buzz you know? its deadly. i'm going to get myself a decent desktop in a few months and run reactor on that and buzz on the laptop.

the sampler in reason is pretty good too.i was messing with it before and it can take a while to get used to,but it's worth the effort.

try recording a .wav in sound forge or something of that ilk,then load the sample and hook up your midi device.it's especially nifty if you have that oxygen 8 with the assignable knobs,muchos fun.

on a different note,i am gearing myself up to buy that computer i keep banging on about,and i'm wondering whether or not i should get an internal or external soundcard.
the creative extigy seems worth it and i can always use it for other computers then.anybody used/have this?

Originally posted by nine
the sampler in reason is pretty good too.i was messing with it before and it can take a while to get used to,but it's worth the effort.

try recording a .wav in sound forge or something of that ilk,then load the sample and hook up your midi device.it's especially nifty if you have that oxygen 8 with the assignable knobs,muchos fun.

on a different note,i am gearing myself up to buy that computer i keep banging on about,and i'm wondering whether or not i should get an internal or external soundcard.
the creative extigy seems worth it and i can always use it for other computers then.anybody used/have this?

i thought about buying one of those, but i'm going to get a second computer instead. appearantly the extigy is very good, i've only heard good things about it, i think anne o malley has one. also check out the wami box. super piece, and relatively cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back