Anyone fancy volunteering? (1 Viewer)

dleacht

This is for one of my jobs but I thought there's no harm in sticking it up because someone might be interested. It'd be great if there was anyone in the Artane, Coolock, Killester etc are in particularly as we're only starting around there and need volunteers urgently. Details below or you could pm me if you want more info. Hope its ok to post this, if not remove and sorry. it's been a while since I was on thumped :) dleacht

North Dublin Befriending Service

Interested in Volunteering? Could you give a few hours a week to become a “Befriender”? Could you help someone who is feeling isolated? We have people all over North Dublin who are in need of our support. We are in urgent need of older volunteers from 30 years upwards especially Men and Women over 40 years. You would need to be sincere, dependable, fun, and friendly and have a genuine willingness to help. We provide a training course and support for all our volunteers.

North Dublin Befriending Service offers one-on-one companionship and support to those who have experienced mental health difficulties and may feel isolated in the community. A Befriender is someone who can give some of their time to help a person who has experienced mental health difficulties achieve their goals and live life to the full.

You can help by meeting someone regularly over a period of time for:
• Coffee and a chat.
• A walk in the park.
• A trip to the cinema.
• A shopping trip.

We also are seeking a volunteer fundraiser. The North Dublin Befriending Service needs an Experienced Fundraiser to:
1. Explore fundraising opportunities.
2. Organise fundraising events.
3. Coordinate fundraising activities.

Please contact North Dublin Befriending Service;
Telephone /Fax: 01 838 7184
Co-ordinators’ Mobile: 086 838 5576 or 086 838 5582
Email: [email protected]
Address: Goirtin Training Centre, St. Brendan’s Hospital, Rathdown Road, Dublin 7

Funded by the HSE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back