Any good punk bands around these days? (1 Viewer)

tommy rash

Well what do ye reckon people? Cue big arguments over what bands are punk and who can be listening to the most obscure coolest shit eva...

But seriously I'm gone a bit out of date on the music scene in general, let alone punk and I tend to stick to the classics or even keep delving further back in time...

So what's good?

im kinda curious too, its a bit of a sad thought that by the age of 16 ive heard all the bands worth hearing. Dunno when the last new band I saw that blew me away were, gimp fist and urban scum were pretty okay when I saw em last summer, geoffrey oi!cott is pretty good, new to me but my new neighbors injury time are pretty amazing http://www.myspace.com/injurytime , new ablum out now on rucktion if anyone likes em. another band on rucktion wisdom in chains im listening to alot of at the moment at the moment. Thats about it,other than that its the classics,
Although the other day I was listening to chron gen and i was baffled at how I didnt realise how shite they were before the other day.

Ok.... I suppose I'll actually check them out, i'll let ye know... the response has been overwhelming.

what kinda punk are ya lookin for? I just heard The Bomb last week - Jeff Pezzati's new band. Their 2006 album (Indecision) is pretty damn good, their 2009 one (can't remember the title offhand - it's streaming on punknews) only so so...
also just found (as in a few hours ago) the Gateway District on mitch clem's forum. Sounds good so far...

Good stuff, The Fag Enablers are pwetty good alright, that dead kennedy's guitar sound, I saw them practice once, how cool is that? Don't have a tape yet though.. Will badger em for one.

Suppose I'd be looking for listenable punk... Checked out that band Mickey, Injury Time, maybe it's the myspace dodgy sound but I didn't like it one bit.

Yeah I think that's what I'm after... Catchy, songs, choruses, that kinda thing..music!

Come to this gig and you get old punk and new punk in one go

ActMindPoster.jpg

Actually City Babby they're brilliant live, have you actually ever seen them play? Then SHUT YOUR FACE.
They sound like a full band even though there's only two of em in it, much better than the records.. Heard the two guys have given up their nice guy ways and have turned into real macho arseholes though, wasn't one of them a BNP councillor at one stage??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back