any fleetwood mac fans in da house? (2 Viewers)

I'll plant them acorns up your Dublin holes, boys!

the mars bar - apparently Mick Jagger and Keith Richards ate a mars bar out of Marianne Faithful's googah. apparently

ah check it out ^ you beat me to it

squack:
Not Found, nearest matching definition:
Noun: squad
1. A smallest army unit
2. A cooperative unit

googah:
Not Found, nearest matching definition:
Noun: googly
1. A cricket ball bowled as if to break one way that actually breaks in the opposite way

reading back over that, wow, that Marianne Faithfull, she sure was one crazy lady, Bob.

I love Rumours alright. The Drum sound on that album is great. So tight, and snappy. I luv the 70's drum sound. And yeah, Lindsey Buckingham plays a blinder on that album the whole way thru. Deadly guitarist. 'Second hand news', the opening is my fav I think. I hate Christine McVie's tune though. The rest is only great though.

.....I think I may be more of a fan of Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac with 'Albatross', 'I need you love so bad', 'Dragon Fly', 'Oh Well', 'The Green Manalishi' ......fuckin great stuff, before he went barmy on acid or whateves.

Tusk, Tango in the Night and Rumours... jesus, them is some fine albums.

real pitty 'tango in the night' has dated so badly, ironic what with it being the first big seller on CD format. Way too cold/digmital. But Rumours is timeless.

Good news is they are on a world tour after their US tour finishes. I will travel anywhere in Europe to see them... for the solo/accoustic version of 'Big Love' alone!

Lindsey's third solo album Out Of The Cradle (Warner Bros. 1992) is an overlooked studio mastepiece. Spent forever in the studio to make it and it is phenomenal. Did I spell that right? Anyway, after spending his talents making Stevie's and Christine's songs sound fantastic, he finally blasted a full album of his own magic and it is fierce. Light years beyond Law & Order and Go Insane.

Get it. Lindsey Buckingham - Out of the Cradle. If you hate it, I'll buy it off of ya.

T

Originally posted by stunning
Lindsey's third solo album Out Of The Cradle (Warner Bros. 1992) is an overlooked studio mastepiece. Spent forever in the studio to make it and it is phenomenal. Did I spell that right? Anyway, after spending his talents making Stevie's and Christine's songs sound fantastic, he finally blasted a full album of his own magic and it is fierce. Light years beyond Law & Order and Go Insane.

Get it. Lindsey Buckingham - Out of the Cradle. If you hate it, I'll buy it off of ya.

T

Buckingham is a genius...
Tango in the night was practically all him.

His solo album "Go Insane" is bloody excellent

These Lindsey Buckingham albums have me intrigued. I've never caught a glimpse of one in me life. Suppose I should just buy it online yeah?

Originally posted by rocktopus
So..Fleetwood Mac without Peter Green = bollocks

'The Green Manalishi' Rocks fuckin like a giant Rockt thing. I love Peter Greens stuff, but also like the half of the girly stage of Fleetwood Mac.

I remember Rory Gallagher saying that the girly line-up of Fleetwood Mac was so far removed from the original band that it was like as if the Dubliners had released a heavy metal album! :)

Rorys new album is deadly by the way

Re: don't stop thinking about tomorrow

Am I too late to chip in on the Fleetwood Mac question?

Anyway, luckit. Pantone: "Songbird" is pure Polyfilla. It sounds like Fleetwood Mac's attempt at a song for Europe. It's schmaltz, old school. And Christine McVie? Winsome English rose or queen of pop-death drear?

Who's familiar with their so-called "weird" album, Tusk? That's the one where Buckingham allegedly recorded some vocals standing on the head in his bathroom. There's some pretty good stuff there... as well as some authentic Isopon.

But it has to be said: to call that "weird" is a bit wide of the mark. I mean, if that's weird, what word do you use to describe the experience of hurtling through the RDS on a mini-rollercoaster voiced over by a Nazi war criminal...? I mean, come on: "Funderland...Der Funland" - hasn't anyone noticed that before now...? Where have we been? Fascism adores a sleeping conscience etc.

I liked "Seven Wonders" a lot. It's one of the Mac's more underrated tunes, possibly because it bombed in the charts. It's easy to forget that the people who listen to Fleetwood Mac also listen to Phil Collins and are on their second marriage.

Originally posted by Pantone247
There is not one filler track on that record...

Re: Re: don't stop thinking about tomorrow

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
It's easy to forget that the people who listen to Fleetwood Mac also listen to Phil Collins and are on their second marriage.

Hey, maybe some of us are on our second marriages.

Tragically the first Mrs McCarthy got the Phil Collins CDs in the divorce and took then back to Iowa with her... that skanky old tramp!

I stand by my "all killer, no filler" comment, I like Songbird and all

Re: don't stop thinking about tomorrow

Am I too late to chip in on the Fleetwood Mac question?

Anyway, luckit. Pantone: "Songbird" is pure Polyfilla. It sounds like Fleetwood Mac's attempt at a song for Europe. It's schmaltz, old school. And Christine McVie? Winsome English rose or queen of pop-death drear?

Who's familiar with their so-called "weird" album, Tusk? That's the one where Buckingham allegedly recorded some vocals standing on the head in his bathroom. There's some pretty good stuff there... as well as some authentic Isopon.

But it has to be said: to call that "weird" is a bit wide of the mark. I mean, if that's weird, what word do you use to describe the experience of hurtling through the RDS on a mini-rollercoaster voiced over by a Nazi war criminal...? I mean, come on: "Funderland...Der Funland" - hasn't anyone noticed that before now...? Where have we been? Fascism adores a sleeping conscience etc.

I liked "Seven Wonders" a lot. It's one of the Mac's more underrated tunes, possibly because it bombed in the charts. It's easy to forget that the people who listen to Fleetwood Mac also listen to Phil Collins and are on their second marriage.

Originally posted by Pantone247
There is not one filler track on that record...

Re: Re: don't stop thinking about tomorrow

Bollix - sorry about the repeat message there.

Anyway, I just wanted to draw attention to an amusing typo...

[QUOTE That's the one where Buckingham allegedly recorded some vocals standing on the head in his bathroom. [/B][/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back