any fleetwood mac fans in da house? (1 Viewer)

Latex lizzie

...me missus likes them loads. I didn't have any of their stuff untill I hooked up with her and liberated and asssimilated her records with mine..playin' some older stuff last night from the mac's and re-evaluating after reading a 40 page article on them in "uncut" magazine. Point is : isn't it funny how good music journalism..by that I means someone who is passionate about their subject can get you to look at certain artists in a different way..like knowing that half the vocals were done by someone high as a kite in a bog so their range was was different then anytime else done before.

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..she'd by well pleased you said that! stevie in the day..mmmmmm

Jayziz. Those photos of her in Uncut are truly lovely though...but d'ye think your wifey would be well pleased at you saying that? Behave now.

don't stop thinking about tomorrow

Rumours is one of my favourite albums, my parents had it on lots when I was young and I inherited (by inherited I mean nicked) there LP of it years ago. There is not one filler track on that record, it's a real sunday morning lounging in bed sorta record.

Anyhow the Uncut article was okay, if a little long winded, but if you are interested you should rent out the Classic Album documentary about it (I think Laser have each episode in the series for rental), it captures the madness way better... like just to think about the personal stress and SACKS of drugs going on... its amazing the album sounds so warm, human and moving.

And the ultimate one note guitar solo on The Chain

Also Stevie always looked a bit of a hippy dippy flake, in my opinion,
Christie McVie, no she was one classy lady... yes.

--------

[EDIT] uh I'm sure your missus doesn't look like a hippy dippy flkae lizzy

;) ;)

..well if the photos are nice(and we all think they are) then I don't think she'd mind unless you were takin the piss in which case there would be some kind of catfight I could watch.

..well if the photos are nice(and we all think they are) then I don't think she'd mind unless you were takin the piss in which case there would be some kind of catfight I could watch.

Fuck off. She knows I think her hair's lovely. In fact, I am currently trying to grow mine just like hers to disastrous effect.:rolleyes:

Not in a single white female way, mind you.

..well i was on a train. It was hot yesterday. i was stoned as well. So maybe a re read wouldn't be a bad Idea.

ah if you didn't know the story you'd miss it

the very made up sounding story is that Ms Nicks nose was in such a bad way around the Rumors tour, and she was so mad for the cocaine that she took the slightly unlikely step of hiring a roadie to blow coke up her bum to keep her loaded.... oh and with that Landslide comes on the radio!

spooky!

..that's classic! :D and spooky...:confused:

..apparenty though some people do that up the ol jacksey trick cos the skin up there is just like up the nose. THin and filled with blood vessels to transport the coke. The purty face of rock n roll. can't wait for my turn at excess. I might even leave the lights on so I can watch.

..little acorns my friend ..little acorns...

..by that I mean throw little acorns at him. he's a rural type so he will want to go and plant them.Thus leaving you alone. God I'm Good at this.

Originally posted by lmd64
ok, Marianne Faithful and a Marsbar?

i know the brigitte bardot, the parisian 5-star hotel and the motorbike story, but...

..can't remember the exact details but It goes along the lines of mick jagger and her in the bath and mick the messer pushes a mars bar up her squack for laughs. Old wives tale according to most tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back