Annual end of year eirecore awards thread................................. (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
Sure its a tradition...... post your own awards /catogories etc

Best New Irish band – The Objectorz

Best New overseas Band – No More Art

Best Irish Band – Section 4 – really moved it up a notch this year

Best Overseas band – Headlesss Kross – Amazing every time ive seen them.

Best Zine – Big birds NZ zine – the mans questions alone are worth the award – irish issue needed!

Best TV Show– The Boss – amazing acting from Kelsey Grammer

Best TV channel – Sky Arts

Best irish diy gig – Easpa Measa last gig in Bohs – by a mile

Best touring diy gig – Peligro in Cork

Best other gig – Melodica Deathship in waterford

Best irish festival – Fesant Fest – great buzz all day

Best non irish fest – GGI Glasgow – friendly out!

Most out of it attempting to play a gig - Found on The Floor at First of The summer wine festival

Best new developments – more byob gigs – galway, dublin, belfast , new ross etc : a byob irish tour is pretty much do-able, lots of actual current punk bands with planned tours of irleland in 2013 rather than
just 30 year old revival bands – we all love an old band from time to time but theres a limit, the re-birth of the Cork punk scene.

Best radio show- Derek Moutpiece on Radioactive

Best Irish album - Putrefaction – Blood Cult

Best Irish Band: Excuses
Most Determined Band: Pimps And Gimps (hands hacked with axes, stabbings, near dismemberment)
Most Dysfunctional Band: Corrosive Machine (Not sure how many wives they've divorced this year...)
Best Drunken Performance: Found On The Floor at First Of The Summer Wine (Rooster was completely passed out until he was meant to go on stage, and then he was mental! Entire band was fairly pissed)
Best Launch Gig: Fag Enablerz
Best Gig: Heavy Metal Vomit Party
Second Best Gig: Covers War
Best Pop-punk Band: Middle Class Disaster
Best New Band: Strong Boys
Best Old Band: The Defects
Best Zine: Balloxed
Best Album: Putrefaction "Blood Cult"

Best Irish band: Runnin Riot,having not seen them in a while I saw them twice in a short space of time. Really on form.

Best Irish release: Moutpiece-black banana 7" sad to see them end.

Best gig: Only been to a few,but Peligro! were really great,and Boris was a real surprise. Coke Bust/Sick Fix and also Tragedy(despite power cuts) were good gigs too. Was Oi Polloi this year?

Best old record by an Irish band I got this year: The Sweat-no more running lp and the Spies-thinking about the sun 7" (took me far too long to find them)

Best Radio Show: Derek Moutpiece on Radioactive (like anything else would have a chance)

Best tv channel: BBC4

Most listened to bands of the year: Cheap Trick,The Professionals,Mott the Hoople

Best new record of the year: Active Minds lp (still an incredible band,hopefully they come back to play again)

Good to see: Willie's zine(Non Plastique). It's been a long time. Finally getting to Warzone. Plenty of Irish bands getting releases out.

Personal good to see: playing a bunch of gigs and getting a demo done.

Things that sucked: Very few gigs that I really cared for,and hardly getting to those I did. Most of the very best music I heard was old.

sorry so late to the party....

Best New Irish band –vagrants/ Harvester/The Objectorz

Best Irish Band – putrefraction
most improved irish band found on..tf "the beast"

Best Overseas band gig -tragedy(even with power cut outs,i hope the irony of having a song called power fades wasn't lost on them)
and also heartless and peligro both were fucking ripping hardcore....but where were the hardcore kids.ya missed out big style.

Best Zine – considering i only read one won't be hard.the joint zine thing *special award to jasper for seen it through to the end**

best non punk gig- stone roses

Best irish diy gig –last easpa measa gig(besides obvious personal reasons}other bands were great,craic was great and venue also.
or putrefraction in sandyford (the "back in the day one" not new years one but im sure that was great as well )

Best irish festival – afa weekend great mix of politics/music well organised and great overseas attendance.
(and watching janer have his little hissy fit like a child in a supermarket been made to put the chocolate bar they put in the trolley back on the shelf)

Best non irish album-tragedy darker days ahead

Best Irish album - Putrefaction – Blood Cult
best irish demo the objectorz

looking forward to in 2013,hopefully making it to more gigs,
playing live with the new band (burnchurch),
ggi in ballina going to be great!!!!

and the "it might even take longer than the freebooters album to come out award" goes to droppin bombs......with the wizards sneaking up close behind.

Best Irish Punk Band Excuses

Band I never thought I'd see in Ireland or my lifetime Sham '69

Most played band according to LastFM in the last 12 months The Blood - False Gestures

They still have it! even 30 years later The Defects

Best Venue Fibbers closely followed by The Thomas House

Best Fest Tullamore's benefit for the homeless

Best band to photograph for sheer action/movement Subsonics

New band Strong Boys

and ofc I was disappointed with the conditions of the anti fa gig but Ci and I have since laughed about it over a few pints watching St Pauli....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back