An Inconvenient Truth (1 Viewer)

global warming freaks me out. i know its happening and all i can do to reduce it is recycle more, try not driving where neccessary and cry myself to sleep that my kids are going to drown in the big flood of 2020.
really, i cant belive that Bush just denies its caused by pollution. to make his petty existence easier, hassle-free and no doubt make him more money.

i read somewhere recently that Thom Yorke freaks out when his kids point at polar bears in their books and he thinks 'how do i explain to them that they wont exist when they're my age'.

The films not being pushed very hard.
There is one copy of it in my local chartbusters and it's in the arthouse section.
When Michael Moore's [SIZE=-1]Fahrenheit 911 came out there were 20 copies in the new releases.[/SIZE]
Anti-bush/anti-war stuff has far more mass appeal than melting glaciers. Sad but true.

manbearpig.jpg

just saw this.
as has been said in the thread , thought i had a good jist of whats going on global warming wise but put forward very well by Gore and definately wakes you up to the fact that we really really will be fucked.
Melt water tunnelling to the bedrock in greenland (and erosion of antarctica) was particulary nuts. had a watch of the update on the dvd aswell. pretty good, updated info taken from mid 2006. more info on glacial earthquakes, acidification of coral reefs and stuff. basically what he covers in lecture.

"you are listening to me talk", indeed AG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back