An Diabhal (4 Viewers)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
Do you know the way old folks out west say "Yowl!" as an exclamation? No? Oh well......it doesn't matter. Anyway what they're saying is "An dhiabhal" (why they're using the genitive case I don't know, how and ever).

That aside.........

El Diablo
Settler
Ollie Cole

play the Temple Bar Music Centre on Hallowe'en night, October 31st. That's a Thursday, so it won't be clashing with your ballrooms or cake sales or whatever else you might have on that weekend.

It's €10 in/ €8 with a flyer.

and i'm djing in the venue afterwards with my buddy who shall be dressed as wonderwoman.

i haven't decided on my costume yet.
but im sure it will be rappa.

it wont.

I had an adult sized spiderman suit I could wear, cept it got a bit wrecked last time I took it somewhere......

plus I looked like a sexual deviant in it. I mean more so.

Originally posted by dubh in seattle
hey snakybüs, what's gaeilge for condom machine? inneall na gCondóm? do old folks in the gaeiltacht shout that out ever?

Not sure about a condom machine dubh, but a condom is "mála codhlata an péist"

Which reminds me - I was watching the Muppet Show in Irish last night on TG4 and Pigs in Space was "Muice sa Spás".

ha ha

"Muice sa Spás"

this is still not as good as the irish for polar bear, which is something like "baer pholar".

great minds sit around in the celtic studies department of DIAS thinking these things up, you know.

don't the french government have some department that does something like this? they sit arround deciding what's "officially" french and what's a mere aberration?

a few irish classics: afgainistan (fada on the last "a"), heilicapteir, paraid shidnî, fisic, bhysicil (duh, rothar).

Originally posted by minka
"Muice sa Spás"

this is still not as good as the irish for polar bear, which is something like "baer pholar".

great minds sit around in the celtic studies department of DIAS thinking these things up, you know.

....bag...sleep? opiate?...worm!?!?!? the worm's sleeping bag!?! or the worm's opium bag? you can clearly see how proficient and skilled I've become studying the Mícheal O'Siahdhall or whatever-his-name-is by myself. In my basement. Sheesh. Oh well, least I'm not working for the man, right? I'm not insane, right?!?! Maybe somma y'all would help ze yanqui mit heez canúint agus stór focal, non?

Originally posted by dubh in seattle
....bag...sleep? opiate?...worm!?!?!? the worm's sleeping bag!?! or the worm's opium bag?

the worm's opium bag? what do you do with YOUR rubber johnnies, dubh?

that's the problem with dictionaries

baer pholar, hee hee

Originally posted by silo
a few irish classics: afgainistan (fada on the last "a"), heilicapteir, paraid shidnî, fisic, bhysicil (duh, rothar).
dear god what a weird synchro [wait, rummaging for the foclóir póca] comhtharlú , :) there's a song on a rekkid I did called 'ienucliated héilicaptar'-- short edit of a song called 'rented helicopter,' couldn't figure out a gaeilge word for 'edited'...

Attachments

• sqd/back.jpg
    sqd/back.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 234
Originally posted by minka
"Muice sa Spás"

my personal favourite gaelgorism is 'radio' for radio

a touch of genius

I like~: sciathan leathair= bat(leatherwings)

and
ceann cait= owl (cat head)

'cat' is a bit of a lazy one though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back