• Replies 22
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Oh lord.

Fucking amazing.

300,000,000 people + 1,000,000 + 1 invention = staggeringly beautiful lunacy.

I know it's an American version of Dragon's Den, but you're talking about a country that sees itself as the bastion of the entrepreneurial spirit. A country that has more nutjobs with more garden sheds and more circular saws and soldering irons and....oh wow.

Just when I was starting to wean myself off of reality TV, I had to discover this.

It makes me want to march in place and play the national anthem on my nose like a kazoo while pumping my arm to a Sousa march that only I can hear.

Did anyone see the one with the lady who made the colour-changing decals for the toilet, to teach kids how to pee? She'd spent 11k on it, and the whole thing went tits up when yer man asked if it's okay to poop on them. Deadly.

I'll see yizzers Winning Streak and raise you one big, fat, Whopper-huffing AMERICAN INVENTOR.

Christ, ever since I became 'equal', I'm not allowed to have any opinions! I thought it was just Irish things I wasn't allowed to have opinions on.

Wish all this 'equality' came with a handbook or something.

I should just start my own country or something.

this program is almost deadly. it's pretty much a cross between dragons den and american idol, but utterly insane.
it's get pretty hard to watch towards the end of the series though, we ended up having to fast forward through most of it, it becomes riddled with so many testimonies to the american dream and how people love their families.

it's best pro is george foreman saying yes to pretty much anything

contestant: "i've invented something utterly shite and should be committed"
foreman: "i could use one of those!"

Just watched an episode there. Considering how hard Peter Jones is on people who dress shabbily on Dragons Den he must be seething when he sees the people on this.

My favourite was the people who invented a retrofit for coffee makers to make tea who said that they knew they were going to win as their astrologist told them.

Someone "invented" Lego, but big so you could make proper buildings.

There was one where a guy made this;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He spent $300,000 on it.

The best was the guy who created his own superhero.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh, it's fucking amazing. I love that about 50% of them have to do with putting a new twist on the everyday toilet. I saw Black Cougar! Deadly. And the legos for houses kind of concerned me. It sounds brilliant, but if they can't burn, then wouldn't they be totally impossible to live in? Like, create a sealed airless environment unless you had a really good ventilation system? And also, if you did have a fire, since they would keep the fire inside the building, wouldn't you fry much more easily? Am I missing something?

Here, will one of yis invent something for my Da to crack an egg for frying? His hands are too shaky so he can only have boiled eggs :(

I want half the profits if yis make any money off it.

http://www.random-good-stuff.com/2007/12/03/egg-crack-gadget/

egg-crack-gadget.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back