ambitious sunday cooking (1 Viewer)

nooleen

bad ape
Solutions
today i shall be making ay fish pie, with haddock, cod and pollock.

i may also make some classic irish brown bread, if i can find some buttermilk.

what fancy plans have the rest of you for this fine sunday?

snooty-new-yorker.jpg

right.
i shall power on.
i'm going to collect some daffodils and then make a fish pie under the grill oven with judicious use of tinfoil. pie shall prevail!

best fish pie i've done is a jamie oliver one which uses a cream sauce rather than bechamel, which i liked because it's far easier and tastier than bechamel (or my attempts at it anyway)
sauce is white wine reduction, lemon juice, cream, parmesan, parsley.
http://www.janegreen.com/index.php/recipes/jamie-olivers-fantastic-fish-pie/

i leave out the boiled eggs though, tried them once or twice and they seem wrong in it to me - hard boiled eggs, mashed potato and fish?
i guess you could part cook the fish on the pan before making the sauce, then it wouldn't need much time under the grill oven, just enough to get the spuds browned

i guess you could part cook the fish on the pan before making the sauce, then it wouldn't need much time under the grill oven, just enough to get the spuds browned
well, i'll cook the fish in the milk for the sauce so that should be ok. it'd be better to be able to bake it properly but needs must...
i've stopped cooking fish on the pan, it stinks the house out and the pan tastes of fish for about 2 months afterwards...there's two vegans in the house and only one decent pan so i reckoned it was a bit unfair
fried fish is feckin tasty though

I'm making Gnocchi with pesto, olives, pine nuts and garlic. Gonna grill some tomatoes, mushrooms and courgette to go with.
Already has some rashers so should be ok with a meat free dinner.

Balls, forgot to get cheese.
Fuck it the shop's too far, Threeo it is then.

We're having roast chicken,roasters,asparagus.carrot and parsnip mash and brocolli.

All topped off with Quixo.

Get

In

There

i served parsnips up to some guests recently and they were not impressed. fuckers told me too, and bitched about the wine.

didnt bother with the fish today, made a decent enough curry with lamb and aubergines

that reminds me,we get our veg(and jax rolls and capri suns) deliverred by a briclayer,anyway I've noticed a few blighty spuds the last couple of weeks.Its a bad portenter

Had duck breasts, fried slowly on the griddle pan & roast potatoes, carrots & butternut squash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back