alternatives to network cables? (1 Viewer)

plug

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
hola.

just a quick question. I have a wireless modem setup in the house and it generally does the job of spreading my connection over most of the house pretty well. the problem is the connection is in the main living room, which is slightly under street level and I've been experiencing quite a bit some mindfuckery recently because there are lots of little tracksuited teenage dickheads in the locality and they like to hang around on the footpath outside the house making lots of noise, which really doesn't help my work/study/temper/etc.

anyway, I have a room three stories up which would make an ideal place to sort out as some kind of study, but... the problem is: no broadband, because the house is made out of solid concrete.

my first solution would be to buy a really, really long cable and work it out of the room and up the stairs but that would be very messy so I was kinda hoping there were alternatives to this. I remember someone told me you can plug gadgets into your sockets and use the electrical wiring system in your house to pass a broadband connection around, but I dunno if this is bollox or not.

any ideas!?! thanks. d

hola.

just a quick question. I have a wireless modem setup in the house and it generally does the job of spreading my connection over most of the house pretty well. the problem is the connection is in the main living room, which is slightly under street level and I've been experiencing quite a bit some mindfuckery recently because there are lots of little tracksuited teenage dickheads in the locality and they like to hang around on the footpath outside the house making lots of noise, which really doesn't help my work/study/temper/etc.

anyway, I have a room three stories up which would make an ideal place to sort out as some kind of study, but... the problem is: no broadband, because the house is made out of solid concrete.

my first solution would be to buy a really, really long cable and work it out of the room and up the stairs but that would be very messy so I was kinda hoping there were alternatives to this. I remember someone told me you can plug gadgets into your sockets and use the electrical wiring system in your house to pass a broadband connection around, but I dunno if this is bollox or not.

any ideas!?! thanks. d

something like this
or a wireless g-range expander
another something here i guess

foam_earplugs.jpg

i use powerline adapters at home and have never had any problems. they are cheap as well. the only problem is you still have cables

i use powerline adapters at home and have never had any problems. they are cheap as well. the only problem is you still have cables

i use one of these :
http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=conMediaFile.3186

stupidly easy to install. plug it into the router plug pc in and other plug done. there is nothing to configure. they might be cheeper now mine cost 100 + euros. bonus is you have net anywhere in the house that you got a plug

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back