Altar of De Novissimis (1 Viewer)

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
Does anyone else notice how uncannily alike to De Nov the second half of Through The Collapse: Watchers Restrained sounds? Not even, "they both sound sort of like Burning Witch", but yer man (not sure if it's Condon or O'Ceallaigh?) actually sounds exactly like Ed! ...maybe someone's been taking notes?!

It's actually Nathan somethingorother from Graves at sea doling out the oozin' aahs there, but yeah he does sound similarly foul (in a good way) although I prefer Ed's vocals myself, much more effort put into the delivery I think, I also find the guitars a bit lacking in the requisite heft in that particular part, they could sound so much heavier. All the same, I'm still pretty much gay for AoP.

Ah, they're fuckin brilliant. White Tomb is mindblowng. I found a few parts a little weak at first (production-wise), but a couple listens on the earphones changed how I hear it.

Yeh thought that as well about the vocals. Still find that the production could do with a bit more heft in parts but the quality of the songwriting more than makes up for it. Probably gonna be one of my favourite albums this year behind Static Tensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back