Allergic to alcohol? (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

Is anybody here allergic to alcohol? or know anybody allergic to alcohol?

If so what were you/they experiencing when ever you drank?

Is anybody here allergic to alcohol? or know anybody allergic to alcohol?

If so what were you/they experiencing when ever you drank?
just outta school, summer stretching ahead......finding out you're allergic to alcohol - oh no!!!! or is it one of your friends who may be?

i have a friend who is extremely allergic to alcohol - she cant even have a sip of anything. she gets incredibly bad stomach cramps/headaches - i think her doc diagnosed her as being allergic to it a few years ago - she hasnt touched a drop since

We're just trying to see...

Drank a glass and a half of wine last night got violent sick, then fell asleep straight away, was awake after an hour and got sick twice more during the night. Had a hangover this morning.

It seems I can drink something a few times grand but then all of a sudden a little more than a mouth full makes me very very sick.

Last time I drank buckfast I drank half a bottle of it, and spent the next 12 hours with stomach craps which eventually went away and left me with extreme paranoia.

Last time I got drunk it was off around 4 cans, couldnt drink anymore because I began to fell sick woke up at 3am and started puking bile.

Even if I get sick during the night I end up with awful hangovers where I could puke within less than 3 hours of finishing drinking, majority of the time its bile and i usually dont even drink that much. Like might have 3 pints and two shots and im complete inapt for the next 24 hours with sickness. I dont even get that drunk.

A friend of mine was telling me about his friend who is allergic he gets really drunk off one pint and wont get any drunker no matter how much he drinks he then comes out in an awful rash. His nickname is sober.

either way... it looks like your body is trying to tell you it's not too fond of drink. You would probably be best paying a bit of attention to that sort of signal.

yeah this is the same with me. its a bummer cos it seemed to only hit at random times. so now ive pretty much curbed the booze save for a few now and then. fingers crossed.

The same kinda thing started happening to me when I was 18 -- the night of my leaving cert results I had two pints of cider and threw up on my friend's fire escape four times. By the time I was 20 it was happening so much that I ended up going off the booze for ages. I still can't handle more than two drinks or I start getting really nauseous and tired.

No idea if I'm actually allergic to alcohol or just an incurable lightweight. But my tolerance now is way way lower than it was when I was 17.

It might be something like a H. Pylori infection. Was it white wine? Killer. Coffee. Coke. Smoking. All will enflame it and lead to gastritis/ulcer. A simple test will let you know and then anti-biotics will clear it up.

Get yourself some maalox in the chemist and drink that for a few days then see if it helps.

It might be something like a H. Pylori infection. Was it white wine? Killer. Coffee. Coke. Smoking. All will enflame it and lead to gastritis/ulcer. A simple test will let you know and then anti-biotics will clear it up.

Get yourself some maalox in the chemist and drink that for a few days then see if it helps.

If that stuff works, you have thanks for the rest of my life. I was sitting here today thinking "what am I going to do at my debs"

If that stuff works, you have thanks for the rest of my life. I was sitting here today thinking "what am I going to do at my debs"
em... I am not sure where goff is getting his info on this one, but I have not heard anything about H pylori infection making you feel very bad when you are drinking.
Last I heard it was actually the opposite. I dunno. Its been a few years since I was studying that sort infectious disease stuff.

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/316/7136/1019

http://www.aim-digest.com/gateway/pages/general/articles/helico.htm

Rosin, I had a very low tolerance to drink for a while, and now I drink a fair bit without problem. I just would listen to what your body is saying. If you are seriously spewing from the odd drink, you have to ask if its worth it. It might just pass anyway. If it doesn't... fuck it. You will have a healthier body.

em... I am not sure where goff is getting his info on this one,

From personal experience. Some forms of alcohol will make you feel better when you're drinking (because it'll act as an anaesthetic) but will rip the shit out of you after the fact.

Acidic alcohol in particular will hurt and you might not be able to drink it in the first instance. White wine is a bastard. Guinness is easiest to drink (and doctors used to say drink only that) but it's a breeding ground for the stuff, which makes it one of the worst offenders.

And if the infection does spread, then be prepared for some serious pain.

From personal experience. Some forms of alcohol will make you feel better when you're drinking (because it'll act as an anaesthetic) but will rip the shit out of you after the fact.

Acidic alcohol in particular will hurt and you might not be able to drink it in the first instance. White wine is a bastard. Guinness is easiest to drink (and doctors used to say drink only that) but it's a breeding ground for the stuff, which makes it one of the worst offenders.

And if the infection does spread, then be prepared for some serious pain.

I see. Never heard that one before.

Yeah, alcohol can have a inflammatory effect on your stomach, causing heart burn. I have seen that myself even.

different boozes do different things to different

I can't drink vodka, I go mentalistic and puke. Then I found gin and it's my best friend, though common knowledge would say it's a depressing drink... not for me! I can't drink cider at all, even the thoughts of it and white wine is pretty pukey too...

You might just need to find the booze for you Roisin

Me too. I'm off the alcohol at the moment and it's great. I've been out a few times now and it's not too bad. The best part is the morning after when I'm fresh and wide awake! Smoking is my vice now.

WKD_Blue__5333378.jpg

so you've given up these then? ;)

Yeah, I was thinking maybe tia maria and milk, probaly wouldnt notice the difference between the cows milk and soya milk in that.

The only shot I can drink is baileys and sambuca, well last time I tired I could drink it probaly not now since I had such a hang over last time I dabbled in them.

I might be going to a festival in Budapest and I told my friend this today and she was like "do the bands play in the portaloos cause yer paying to puke ya know", without me even mentioning drinking. Sake...

My mother told me never ever to drink Gin as ive been known to ball when I was younger from just drinking vodka.

I may just try loads of new drinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back