Alice - Jan Svankmajer (1 Viewer)

i don't know. i seem to be able to manage to miss out on loads of cool stuff though... so has he done anything else?

yeah, svankmajer.

think he's a Czech. duno if Ive spelt that right. Anyhow, he's done quite a lot of stuff, mostly with puppets and animating inanimate objects, like toys and meat. He's quite wierd. One of the longer films he's made is "faust" I think thats what its called. Its all very strange, a guy invokes the devil and wants riches or a more desirable live etc. is exchange for his soul. Its all done like some real life punh and judy show. and theres a really horrible point in the film with a giant female manachin/puppet that just shouldnt have happened. He's also done lotsa short animated films. I could find out the names of some of them if you want.

i've yet to see a svankmajer movie i didn't like, the collected short films are especially amazing
feature lengths i can think of off-hand:
conspirators of pleasure; faust; alice; little otik

you should czech out the brothers quay too: they're english

ah, penny drops, sort of... wasn't little otik the movie john brown was trying to get us all to watch a good few months back? it was on telly... about a log or something...?

Also of note is the Bolex Brothers movie called The Cabinet Of Jan Svankmajer.
Ah the Bolex Bros... Mentalists

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back