Adobe After Effects Course @ FILMBASE (2 Viewers)

FB Training

Hey all,

FILMBASE Training are running an Adobe After Effects Level 2 course next week for those looking to improve their knowledge of the software. Check out all the details below:

ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS LEVEL 2
In this three-day course, students will gain hands on experience of advanced 3D compositing techniques through the creation of a digital cutout animation. Other topics in this course include motion tracking and stabilizing, linking and expressions as well as learning about alternative uses of After Effects.

• 3D in After Effects
• Creating a journey through a city in 3D
• Creating a character for digitial cut-out animation
• Using Lights: Negative Lighting, Target Lights, Dynamic Lighting
• After Effects as a special effects tool
• Camera Tricks
• Expressions and their importance

Cost: €450 plus Filmbase Membership if not already a member
Deposit: €200
Dates: 28th – 30th July 2008
Time: 10 AM to 4 PM
Venue: Filmbase, Curved St. Temple Bar

For further details contact Alessandro: [email protected]
or Paul: [email protected] - (01) 8815114

To book a place on this course contact Filmbase reception:
01-6796716 or e-mail [email protected]

All the best,

FILMBASE TRAINING

450euro for three days. are you serious?

what a rip off. :mad:

i work with after effects, have done for years and am primarily self taught and you will not be satisfied after paying 450euros to try and even tip the edge of what the program can do in just 3 days.

Buy this book for about 30quid - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1578202493/?tag=thumpedcom04-21

use the video and print tutorials on this sites - creativecow.net
http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/

and if you get stuck post questions or search posts on these forum -
creativecow.net
cgtalk.com
creativeireland.com

and with a bit of graft (even if you only have evenings, weekends or spare time to dedicate) you'll progress along nicely and will actually get somewhere.

I've not used AF at all but from what i make of it its like the the 'animation part' of any editing program but with more control...

Is it just basically - key frames/tweens etc - do i get the impression that its not that effective without all the Plug ins/Effects you can get for it?

450euro for three days. are you serious?

what a rip off. :mad:

i work with after effects, have done for years and am primarily self taught and you will not be satisfied after paying 450euros to try and even tip the edge of what the program can do in just 3 days.

Buy this book for about 30quid - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1578202493/?tag=thumpedcom04-21

use the video and print tutorials on this sites - creativecow.net
http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/

and if you get stuck post questions or search posts on these forum -
creativecow.net
cgtalk.com
creativeireland.com

and with a bit of graft (even if you only have evenings, weekends or spare time to dedicate) you'll progress along nicely and will actually get somewhere.

You're right, that course is a total rip-off. I can't believe anyone would pay that much.

I've not used AF at all but from what i make of it its like the the 'animation part' of any editing program but with more control...

Is it just basically - key frames/tweens etc - do i get the impression that its not that effective without all the Plug ins/Effects you can get for it?

Yes and no to the first part, it is mostly keyframes and such, but you can do so much with the basic tool set that you can work for years before having to buy extra effects plugins. It's an extremely useful programme on its own without any extra bits added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back