[Access denied} Website blocked by WebMarshall...... (2 Viewers)

that's terrible, do you get warnings or reasons or is it just a case of websense catching up with pete?
well it's my own fault, i reckon it's because the IT dept here logs how much time i spend on a site and act accordingly...this is the message i get from thumped.com for example
wslogo.gif

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Reason:
The Websense category "Blocked" is filtered.
URL:
http://www.thumped.com/

"Blocked" to me means it's not been categorized by Websense.

got any more mirror sites kicking around Pete? at my rate i'll need about 5 a year.

well it's my own fault, i reckon it's because the IT dept here logs how much time i spend on a site and act accordingly...this is the message i get from thumped.com for example
wslogo.gif

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Reason:
The Websense category "Blocked" is filtered.
URL:
http://www.thumped.com/

"Blocked" to me means it's not been categorized by Websense.

"Blocked" means someone has manually added it to the "Blocked" category.

got any more mirror sites kicking around Pete? at my rate i'll need about 5 a year.

yeah i register new domains every now and then...

Can you access a HTTPS proxy through websense?

I've never experienced such things as internets blocking though. The last place I was in they just made me face the wall so everyone could see what I was doing. Pricks.

Websense looks at the URL and checks if that's blacklisted, rather than look at what you're doing. I don't think it cares if it's an HTTP or HTTPS connection (although it might do if it's manually added to the Block list - must check.)

If you were running your own server like xamp could you get round it?

The IT people might give out if you had no reason for doing that though.

"Blocked" means someone has manually added it to the "Blocked" category.
that's what i figured.

yeah i register new domains every now and then...
i was only joking, but as long as you got em...maybe you could do the occasional mailout letting members know of alternate url's should they get blocked.

or maybe i should actually do some fucking work.

that's what i figured.

i was only joking, but as long as you got em...maybe you could do the occasional mailout letting members know of alternate url's should they get blocked.

or maybe i should actually do some fucking work.
members? you mean subscribers?

maybe i should install a subscribers only CGI proxy on the server too ha

as for that other bit, i have no clue what yr talking about. i'm ok with that.

ha

Wikipedia page on Proxy Servers said:
A special case of web proxies are "CGI proxies". These are web sites that allow a user to access a site through them. They generally use PHP or CGI to implement the proxying functionality. CGI proxies are frequently used to gain access to web sites blocked by corporate or school proxies. Since they also hide the user's own IP address from the web sites they access through the proxy, they are sometimes also used to gain a degree of anonymity, called "Proxy Avoidance".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back